Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

IB Extended Essay Requirements

Cooldude11989Cooldude11989 Registered User Posts: 545 Member
edited February 2007 in High School Life
i just have a quick question...our EE is due this friday, and the maximum word limit is 4,000 words. but i am doing a chemistry paper and i have only 2,500. what is the minimum word limit? i tried searching on google and it gave me different answers for different schools. is there really no "minimum" limit? also, my chemistry paper is "biochemistry". so past IB candidates, if you did a biochemistry paper as chemistry, how did that impact your grade? cuz on the literature it says they only count the "chemistry" portion of your paper. if that is the case then im screwed. >.< senioritis! o.O
Post edited by Cooldude11989 on

Replies to: IB Extended Essay Requirements

• WindSlicerWindSlicer Registered User Posts: 1,173 Senior Member
    There is no technical word minimum, but it is suggested that one exceed 3,000 or 3,500 words.

However, if your school as a mandatory minimum, you must follow that.
  • AcereAcere Registered User Posts: 323 Member
    As WindSlicer said, there is no minimum but it is recommended over 3k. But using this system, there will always be students who write only 1k-2k words because they just dont care (That would be me if given the opportunity). So what my school has done is that, even though IB doesnt put any minimum requirement, my school does. So OUR EE must be between 3000-4000. If you dont have at least 3000, the school wont accept it, but thats just a school-local rule.
  • Cooldude11989Cooldude11989 Registered User Posts: 545 Member
    ok, thanks guys
This discussion has been closed.