Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

does collegeboard not like dotted i's with hearts?

2»

Replies to: does collegeboard not like dotted i's with hearts?

• GIMEurSTRESballZGIMEurSTRESballZ Registered User Posts: 1,470 Member
    thats a very manly way to write OPx2. it proves our genders laziness :p :
    "Wait I have to memorize FIFTY-SIX different shapes to write? screw that...just show me one"

as for making hearts faster than dots, i dont believe you. a dot is a dot. hell, half the time i dont even dot my i's and i always double cross two t's in a row. but i think CB could care less. i did write "i <3 SATs" in the bottom right of my essay b/c CB is a narcissistic establishment and i wanted a 12. it worked btw...3 point increase with no test prep
  • LesOsLesOs Registered User Posts: 4,545 Senior Member
    Heh... that's funny. I always write math jokes on my math exams =)
    My teacher gets a kick out of it though... I hope...
  • foolonthehill161foolonthehill161 Registered User Posts: 744 Member
    The trick is to make the hearts look like they're really quadrilaterals or hexagons.
  • x___infatuationx___infatuation Registered User Posts: 320 Junior Member
    GIMEurSTRESballZ, it does because I draw the heart really fast first and I automatically draw the line part straight down. I could probably change it to a circle though, but I'm really used to making some sort of loopy thing as my dot so it's really hard to change my habit... And yeah, my hearts are tiny.
  • leah377leah377 Registered User Posts: 3,834 Senior Member
    in all honesty, i'd think it was obnoxious unless you're an awesome writer.

haha it would be a kinda interesting experiment..take the SAT twice and dot your i's with hearts once and dots the next time..see how much your scorer feels the love and compare..
  • citygirlsmomcitygirlsmom - Posts: 13,158 Senior Member
    I would recommend getting rid of the hearts, its cute and all, but immature...and it appears like you don't take the test seriouslly

I imagine a person getting a thank you note from someone and seeing little hearts, i would assume the person was in middle school

If you want to leave the impression of being a mature young woman, you will drop the hearts and save them for special occassions
  • MarsdenMarsden Registered User Posts: 654 Member
    I think you should add cute little sketches of puppy dogs and kitty cats LOL
  • aarosurfaarosurf Registered User Posts: 660 Member
    is this a serious thread?
  • x___infatuationx___infatuation Registered User Posts: 320 Junior Member
    Um, yeah it's a serious thread and I didn't expect people to be so sarcastic (I just wanted to know if I really should change it) =/. Sorry...
  • aarosurfaarosurf Registered User Posts: 660 Member
    haha its fine. in that case, i doubt they will care that much. the only thing bad i can see happening is the grader having a bias against heart dots and not scoring you as high because of that reason. my english teacher last year was a college board grader and from what i understand she said they grade strictly on content.
  • fengshuibundifengshuibundi User Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 832 Member
    Um taking the test seriously? Who would take it seriously anyway!?

And ewww who wants to be a mature young man or woman!? I never want to be "mature" in the sense most people use it - boring. Seriously now. I think it's cute and amusing and really not a big deal. I'd get a kick out of it.

Gosh everyone here is so uptight... And ummm that's a great assumption citygirlsmom... Honestly as long as you're confident in your writing ability there shouldn't be a difference.

Slash I'd much rather see your purty handwriting with <3s than some of my friends' superslanted and impossible to read handwriting.

<3 <3 <3 the establishment can bite me <3 <3 <3
2»
This discussion has been closed.