right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Upcoming changes to the way we log in on College Confidential. Read more here.

How important is AP English Lit to colleges?

mike0982mike0982 87 replies24 threads. Junior Member
edited March 2007 in High School Life
It seems that the one AP coursethat everyone on this site takes is AP Lit. Is it that important of a class to take in a college's eyes? I could fit it in, but then I wouldn't be able to take wildlife biology, which I really want to. So really how important is it for one to take AP Lit?
edited March 2007
3 replies
Post edited by mike0982 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: How important is AP English Lit to colleges?

• snoopyiscoolsnoopyiscool 17946 replies136 threads Senior Member
    AP classes shouldn't be taken for volume; rather, they should be taken for interest. As long as you take English, whether it be regular or whatever, you would be fine. If you're really interested in wildlife biology, then take that instead.
    · Reply · Share
  • hemingwayisdeadhemingwayisdead 600 replies26 threads Member
    AP Lit is basically senior honors English. It is at my school, I'd guess it is at most others; that's probably why you see alot of people taking it. It's just a continuation of their English curriculum.

And unless you're really dense about literature analysis, I wouldn't worry. Take something you're more interested in.
    · Reply · Share
  • InkontrolInkontrol 283 replies18 threads Member
    ^ Thats basically the way it is at my school as well. There is no senior honors English (there is honors english for every other grade but senior year). So anyone who is above average in English takes it.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity