right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Upcoming changes to the way we log in on College Confidential. Read more here.

this is what a freshman is taking

lesmizzielesmizzie 1193 replies278 threads- Senior Member
edited March 2007 in High School Life
my moms friends son/aquaintance is a freshman at a uber alternative public school which has about 50 something kids all together...he basically doesnt need ne science after earth science and he passed that in ms...so hes done w/ regents sciences..(while i had to take living environment which is biology regents when i was in public school 9th grade) hes a sped like me and wolnt ever pass any high up there sciences... hes taking this i thought it was a joke: GARDENING as his science..
since he doesnt have to take english regents to 11th grade hes taking a english class where they just sit around doing yoga and reading all yr(i would love to be in that class tho i lovvvvve yoga and reading is up there)
hes taking global history b/c he has take that its a requirement for the next 2 yrs and he failed math A so hes in that what i like about his math a repeater(thats what there called at public schools)class theres only 3 kids in it so he might as well jus have a tutor for it b/c thats basically what it is...
and as a fun class which i think is cool hes taking diamonds and gold which tells u all about the history of the diamond and gold trade
edited March 2007
3 replies
Post edited by lesmizzie on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: this is what a freshman is taking

• lesmizzielesmizzie 1193 replies278 threads- Senior Member
    oh and they dont get grades they just get credits i asked my friends mom: what do they send the colleges? she said i dont know but they get into some good colleges
    · Reply · Share
  • themagicalsporkthemagicalspork 298 replies4 threads Member
    That sounds pretty cool. There are times when I wish i could do gardening as a science class!
    · Reply · Share
  • lesmizzielesmizzie 1193 replies278 threads- Senior Member
    yeah at my old public school u could do such a thing after chem.(not take anything higher) and take Marine Biology(which actually sounds interesting) or forensics...or a couple of others
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity