Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Is an Ipod even worth it?

Replies to: Is an Ipod even worth it?

• LiistLiist - Posts: 1,787 Senior Member
    Why do you love your iPod so much? They all have the same headphone jack.
  • MetdethGNRMetdethGNR Registered User Posts: 952 Member
    Venkat89 wrote:
    You might as well have what everyone else has rather than being the strange kid with a different mp3 player.

I never thought I'd see the day when a CCer would advice to go along with the crowd. ;)
  • Johnson181Johnson181 Registered User Posts: 4,226 Senior Member
    First - iPod mini (waaaaay back in the day with the intro. of ipods). The battery eventually fried and stopped charging.

Second, two years later - Zen Micro (I loved that thing to death... it's been missing for about three weeks now, but I don't mind since it only held 300 some-odd songs). Benefit: external, chargeable battery that can be replaced easier than an ipods if it fries.

Third, three years later- 8gb iPod Touch. I got it a week ago. One word: AMAZING. But then again, I got it for free with my macbook, and it's replaced my zen.

(they don't sell either the iPod mini or Zen Micro anymore)

However, I truly believe that Creative Media Player is several times better than iTunes, even though I love my iPod touch enough to make up for it.
    I just want a damn iPhone, if only I could afford it.
    ^The new iPhone's coming out for $200 July 11th, if you didn't know

(although I have no desire to get it (I love my razr that I got for free...) I have a lot of friends upset because they paid $600 for their iPhones the day it came out. fools. they knew the price would drop in less than a year)
  • ViviVivi Registered User Posts: 631 Member
    iPods are overrated. Screen size is small, iTunes is not that great of software, some of the flavors are seriously overpriced. If you're going to get an iPod, invest in one of the large "classic" ones (160gb or so). Paying $200 for 8gb of flash storage is not worth it. You'd be better off getting a Zen, Sandisk, or even a Zune.

Speaking of which, I have a 1st-gen 30gb Zune. Gorgeous GUI. Still trying to get it to work with Linux, though, haha.
  • PlattsburghLoserPlattsburghLoser Registered User Posts: 5,487 Senior Member
    I have a lot of friends upset because they paid $600 for their iPhones the day it came out. fools. they knew the price would drop in less than a year)

I'm the same, I always wait for the price to drop on something that's going to be popular.

That's why I'm always last to get all the new game consoles and whatever gadgets are in.
  • kayleealiakayleealia Registered User Posts: 454 Member
    iPods are the best investment ever. If you buy a case for it, it'll last a really, really, really long time. Both my RCA and my iLo mp3 players died after about 3 months. My first Nano lasted almost 3 years.

But, I hear Creative Zens are nice too.
    I love the Zune, and I have one. I still want that damn iPhone (or something similar). It's not the phone itself, it's just the plans that cost $150 a month and those 50 page phone bills.
    ^I've got a friend who's on a $25 monthly bill (that or less, it may be $15-20), and gets unlimited texting/internet in the price.

And she doesn't get a monstrous bill.
  • Venkat89Venkat89 Registered User Posts: 7,327 Senior Member
    I like Creative's software better than itunes. However, after having a Creative micro for a year (after crapping out 3 times and me having to exchange it) and an iPod Video for 3, I'd have to say my iPod lasted longer and has been a lot better.
  • PlattsburghLoserPlattsburghLoser Registered User Posts: 5,487 Senior Member
    Creative > iPod.
  • rohinrohin Registered User Posts: 195 Junior Member
    ive had my ipod mini for 3 years, and its still going strong. apple's products are high quality.
    Why do you love your iPod so much? They all have the same headphone jack.

I guess no one got my joke there. Just focus on the word "love" and think of something perverted and you'll get it.
  • AngriegatorAngriegator Registered User Posts: 78 Junior Member
    I've never had an ipod, always gone with creative. I've got me a creative zen and I adore it.
This discussion has been closed.