Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Is an Ipod even worth it?

13»

Replies to: Is an Ipod even worth it?

• BrightRedBrightRed Registered User Posts: 508 Member
    I have a 30 buck mp3 that I toss around and got into some pretty bad accidents. It has survived 2 years, and is working perfectly like the day I got it. Runs on AAA battery, so I don't have to worry about the battery losing its charge. Best damn 30 bucks I've ever spent.

I'm pretty sure an ipod doesn't afford me such luxury. But I don't have a gazillion songs either, so it's not like I care about the memory either. I would not get an ipod because of the way I use things, but it's different for everyone.
  • ArtOfMind_21ArtOfMind_21 - Posts: 923 Member
    Screw musiz playaz, I make a beat outta myy mouth everyday to save somme doe.

pEazeeee
  • technol21technol21 Registered User Posts: 917 Member
    I still have my 4GB iPod Mini too, had it for 3 years. It's coughing towards death everyday, and I've had to do several self-fixes (at a point where most would throw it away/buy something else) but I think I may have to look into something else REAL soon. I'm really surprised that it has lasted so long, even though it tried it's first fake death just after the warranty expired.

I don't know if I'll be getting another iPod since there are so many other cheaper options with better features (Zen and Zune come to mind). iPods are a lot of hype. Who knows, I might not buy anything and mod my mini to work with a CF card.
  • LiistLiist - Posts: 1,787 Senior Member
    There's this car radio broadcaster powered by the cigarette lighter/charger. You stick a USB drive (or an MP3 player with USB cable) and then you can play MP3s with your car radio.

I keep 1GB of my favorite songs that way.
  • lil_killer129lil_killer129 Registered User Posts: 4,706 Senior Member
    I don't think it's worth it. I have about 168 songs in my 30 gb Ipod Classic. What a waste....I think I just like the battery life.
  • itsasmallworlditsasmallworld Registered User Posts: 370 Member
    I have this 5 year old MP3 player called the iRiver H10, and it's a great machine. Recently it's been screwing up a bit on me, but it's been through a lot. And how long do you expect an MP3 player to last anyway?
  • PlattsburghLoserPlattsburghLoser Registered User Posts: 5,487 Senior Member
    I have an iRiver (I don't use it anymore) from 2001 that still, surprisingly, works.
  • bookwormgirlbookwormgirl Registered User Posts: 343 Member
    I have an iPod Nano (2nd gen) and I love it! I personally don't like the new ones but whatever. I don't think it matters whether or not you get an iPod because when it comes down to it, they all play music. The only reason I have an iPod is because I got it for Christmas but I didn't ask for it. I just wanted an MP3 player. So get whatever you can afford...
  • prepchick91prepchick91 Registered User Posts: 241 Junior Member
    i have a first generation iPod nano but half the screen is black cause i dropped it/got it wet so many times. im deciding between getting an ipod classic or an ipod touch - i don't think i wuold use all the features of the ipod touch i would really only use it for listening to music and watching videos, but my music collection realy isnt that big - like under 1,000 songs. is there a way to get movies from DVDs onto an iPod?
  • Anon_Person_1Anon_Person_1 Registered User Posts: 2,453 Senior Member
    i have the ipod shuffle, second gen, in silver.

I've had it for just about a year and a half, and it's broken for 2-3 weeks 2 times in that period. It's pretty good, as I have a very small collection of music (maybe 500 total?! if i count EVERYTHING?) and I only like certain 'genres' when I'm in certain moods...so I have 5 playlists I switch around, and I have no problem. It's also really easy to work; I had it going in like ten minutes (after initial charge & whatnot)

I wouldn't buy a big ipod unless you're going to buy insurance & keep it 2-3 years; at LEAST 9-10 of my friends through the years have had their ipods break the DAY after their 1 year policy ran out. My friend actually had that happen 3x before he switched to Zen
13»
This discussion has been closed.