Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

What is the significance of ur CC username?

Replies to: What is the significance of ur CC username?

• romanigypsyeyesromanigypsyeyes Registered User Posts: 33,743 Senior Member
    ^ Yeah, I've actually gotten that a lot. Some combination of my name with pig in there. This guy that used to hate me on HSL called me "roaming pig eyes". Oy.
  • AkabaneAkabane - Posts: 230 New Member
    @ Muscovy-yes that's it. He's a charachter in the anime Get Backers. Im not that into anime, but Get Backers is awesome =)
  • Pleiades45Pleiades45 Registered User Posts: 89 Junior Member
    I have a small [ok large] obsession with astronomy and my favorite DSO is the Pleiades cluster in Taurus. the 45 is the Messier Catalog number.
    ^Ya, isn't it obvious? jk, jk
  • SirensongSirensong User Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 963 Member
    Siren song, in mythology, is uncontrollably intriguing and ultimately leads you to your destruction =D
  • beatfreaksbeatfreaks User Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 360 Member
    Named after the greatest female hip hop crew of all time lol. No but seriously, its named after a dance crew on America's Best Dance Crew.
  • tbolts856tbolts856 Registered User Posts: 265 Junior Member
    Mine is from my schools mascot - thunderbolts - and my area code.
  • QuasiProfoundQuasiProfound Registered User Posts: 7,623 Senior Member
    Mine is hard to explain but I'll try: it's because I have a thing for sayings and quotes (and sometimes feelings) that hover in the thin line between corny and profound.
  • KramKram Registered User Posts: 90 Junior Member
    Mine is my intitials KAM plus the intitial of my Confirmation name, I'm Catholic. Making it KRAM. Then, my best friend said that it suited my personality because I study a lot.... :P So then it became Kram. Oh and on websites when I was with my ex it was Krak which my best friend also thought was hilarious because he was umm a loser druggie :) no crack, though, haha and the K was his last name initial. lol XD
  • THE`HAIRY`LEMONTHE`HAIRY`LEMON Registered User Posts: 2,410 Senior Member
    fact that it's random and i lov my name.
  • archi92archi92 Registered User Posts: 688 Member
    Mine is archi= architecture (I wanted to become one since I was small)

92= year I was born
  • whheexwhheex Registered User Posts: 511 Member
    in eighth grade i was thinking about what it's like to go ZOOM.. like whheex. except the x made it sound cooler back then. so i just stuck with it, even now when i made my CC account.
  • rchhayrchhay Registered User Posts: 1,184 Senior Member
    Okay, I admit, I made this thread purely to tell everyone why my username is Akabane. Akabane Kuroudo is the most BA anime charachter ever imagined.

That's actually quite helpful to know that you're username is spelled correctly and all that jazz. I kept thinking it was a really bad misspelling of Azkaban. Lol.
    ^Im not the best at spelling, but that'd just be sad to spell ur username incorrectly lol
  • rchhayrchhay Registered User Posts: 1,184 Senior Member
    Yeah, but if you think about it Akabane and Azkaban aren't that different, and I'm a HP fanatic. :'P
This discussion has been closed.