Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

What is the significance of ur CC username?

AkabaneAkabane - Posts: 230 New Member
edited August 2009 in High School Life
Does it mean anything? Is it named after someone?

Okay, I admit, I made this thread purely to tell everyone why my username is Akabane. Akabane Kuroudo is the most BA anime charachter ever imagined.
Post edited by Akabane on

Replies to: What is the significance of ur CC username?

• WartsandallWartsandall Registered User Posts: 14,151 Senior Member
    I wanted to do a popular saying for mine:) It exemplifies honesty and integrity, in that we are all forced to accept certain situations in their entirety, with all good and bad components.
  • MillancadMillancad Registered User Posts: 5,941 Senior Member
    In 5th grade, my friends and I made up names for each other that all started with an M on an N. They were based on our actual names. Mine was Millan, and CAD are my initials.
  • HonorsCentaurHonorsCentaur Registered User Posts: 1,666 Senior Member
    My school and its mascot.
  • AkabaneAkabane - Posts: 230 New Member
    ^Im glad u posted, I had no idea what ur name meant and was curious.

^^still don't fully understand ur name (why millan lol)
  • MuscovyMuscovy Registered User Posts: 308 Member
    I used to have two pet Muscovy ducks. Raising them turned me into a crazy duck loving person who likes to think of themself as a metaphorical duck ^^
  • MillancadMillancad Registered User Posts: 5,941 Senior Member
    ^^still don't fully understand ur name (why millan lol)

Well, that was the name my friends made up for me. My friend Emma became Nemicross, Kate became Mate, and I, Camille, became Millan. Whenever people give me nicknames, they start with the "Mille" bit of my name. Unless, they're British, in which case they always want to call me Cam.
    ^^Muscovy, that's pretty sweet, I want some pet ducks

^Millancad- Nemicross would be an awesome name.
  • FindAPlaceFindAPlace Registered User Posts: 4,706 Senior Member
    Mine should be self evident. I am a parent, finding a place for my S to attend college.
    ^I realized place=college, but I didn't know u were a parent. Good luck finding a place!
  • HarambeeHarambee Registered User Posts: 2,604 Senior Member
    I grew up in Kenya during the earlier part of my childhood, and i'm deeply attached to it. My username, Harambee, is the motto of Kenya. it means "Let us all pull together" in Swahili.
  • fizix2fizix2 Registered User Posts: 3,570 Senior Member
    is it ack-uh-bawn-ee
    or ack-uh-bayne
  • romanigypsyeyesromanigypsyeyes Registered User Posts: 33,739 Senior Member
    I am part Romani Gypsy, and my nickname when I was younger was "gypsy eyes" because my eyes are such a strange color and shape and it comes from the gypsy side of me.

PS: There was a thread just like this about a year ago. Google it.
    @fizix- i think 2nd one lol
  • MuscovyMuscovy Registered User Posts: 308 Member
    ^ should be closer to the first, that seems more like a Japanese pronunciation: ak-ah-bah-neh
  • fairy_dreamsfairy_dreams Registered User Posts: 3,377 Senior Member
    haha. romanigypsyeyes: For the longest time, I read your username as "romanpigeyes"....

Mine is just a really bad spin off from my email. I don't know where the "fairy" came from. I think it's because I was fascinated by all the different ways people spell it.....
This discussion has been closed.