Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Anyone else not doing much during the summer?

tikiman53tikiman53 Registered User Posts: 731 Junior Member
edited May 2010 in High School Life
I feel kinda bad because I missed all the deadlines for summer stuff so I couldn't really get into anything. I might be able to get into a class or something but I don't really have anything to do. I guess I might get a job or something. Maybe I can just chill :) but that'd probably not be very good for the whole college app thing because it's the summer after junior year -.-

How about you guys?
Post edited by tikiman53 on

Replies to: Anyone else not doing much during the summer?

• QwertyKeyQwertyKey Registered User Posts: 4,590 Senior Member
    I had a job around that time myself (that was 2 years ago for me). Right now I'm taking some classes. Maybe you can take some at a nearby CC, get a few credits for college.
  • CelaPlusAimapleCelaPlusAimaple - Posts: 3,515 Senior Member
    lol I did nothing last summer except visit colleges

I hopefully will have a job since I've applied everywhere in my town
  • ravenclawravenclaw Registered User Posts: 741 Member
    I didn't plan anything for this summer except maybe finding a job and definitely studying for CollegeBoard tests. I'll also be working on my self-imposed reading list, but still that's not much. Oh, and I'll probably be getting my permit and volunteering at Meals on Wheels. Next year (the summer after my junior year) I'll definitely be going for a summer program, so I'm just chilling this year. I guess I need some time between my sophomore slump and a hardcore school year of ridiculous amounts of testing and research projects.
  • hi_im_leilahi_im_leila Registered User Posts: 2,024 Senior Member
    I don't have any particular plans for this summer but I really need to find a job :)
  • musicallylatinmusicallylatin Registered User Posts: 3,814 Senior Member
    Church camp (one week), writing camp (one week) and I have no idea what's going to happen the rest of the summer.
  • RocknPianoRocknPiano - Posts: 1,000 Member
    Trying to find a job and maybe community college classes. Anyone have any suggestions on good summer classes? Should I take classes offered at my high school?
  • serendipityxserendipityx Registered User Posts: 101 Junior Member
    summers a time for relaxation so it's ok not to have a job or take classes. my plan is to just enjoy the freedom until fall sets in and I am once again college board's *****
  • tikiman53tikiman53 Registered User Posts: 731 Junior Member
    Haha good point. I just hope I end up doing something somewhat memorable over the summer because everyone else at my school is doing some prestigious internship. Maybe I'll work on my book.
  • md5hashmd5hash - Posts: 626 Member
    tikiman53: so did i get accepted into harvard?
    interviewer: well what did you do last summer
    tikiman53: chilled..
    interviewer: <with a look of exasperation> we'll get back to you.... (not a chance)

yeah
  • rayna3rayna3 Registered User Posts: 2,530 Senior Member
    I'm doing a lot of personal interest stuff.

In terms of intern/work/job, no.

Lots of volunteering, tennis, piano, guitar, and Japanese though.
  • tikiman53tikiman53 Registered User Posts: 731 Junior Member
    ^^ Lol I don't think I would get into Harvard if I went to the moon during the summer

and Rayna, that sounds really cool. It sounds like we have a lot of similar interests. I guess I'll be doing a lot of personal interest stuff as well
  • CelaPlusAimapleCelaPlusAimaple - Posts: 3,515 Senior Member
    psh I got into Brown and UChicago after chilling and doing minor volunteer work last summer. If you're a good student you'll be fine
  • ModelCX8ModelCX8 Registered User Posts: 146 Junior Member
    *raises hand* just summer P.E. and a cruise to Alaska. maybe start on UC essays or common app essay
  • BMan22BMan22 - Posts: 457 Member
    I'm just hanging with friends/girlfriend and maybe going on a family vacation. Colleges will love me :)
  • rayna3rayna3 Registered User Posts: 2,530 Senior Member
    and Rayna, that sounds really cool. It sounds like we have a lot of similar interests. I guess I'll be doing a lot of personal interest stuff as well

haha thanks! :D that's cool that we have similar interest!
    I use the summer to get things done I couldn't have in the school year, because of time or whatnot.
This discussion has been closed.