Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
The Forums will be unavailable Tuesday, June 25 starting at 9 am ET as we prepare for a major design update!

Are you the "smart one" in your group of friends?

Replies to: Are you the "smart one" in your group of friends?

• HBrownHBrown Registered User Posts: 420 Member
    Sorta kinda but not really. We really dont talk about grades though. They joke about the school im going to because its a good school but sometimes I do and say really dum things.
  • esthetiqueesthetique Registered User Posts: 1,106 Senior Member
    In my Asian group of friends I'm in the middle or the lesser intelligent one. In my American group of friends, yes, I am the smartest one.
  • CurseItToHadesCurseItToHades Registered User Posts: 256 Junior Member
    Yes. I have a really good memory and tend to pick up everything I read, so I know a lot of random crap, which people equate with intelligence.
  • Rtgrove123Rtgrove123 Registered User Posts: 1,798 Senior Member
    In my group, we are all smart. However, I am prbly thought of as the one who works hard for his A's but isnt as "naturally intelligent." In my school as whole, I am prbly looked at as a top student.
  • xXconfusedXxxXconfusedXx Registered User Posts: 959 Member
    In my main group of friends, I am just one of them.

In most groups, I am the 'smart one'.
  • CackalackyCackalacky - Posts: 1,073 Senior Member
    I tend to stay with a smart group. I'm probably the smartest in terms of knowledge outside of school, but I have ridiculous friends in terms of school smarts.
  • 21stCenturyFinny21stCenturyFinny Registered User Posts: 73 New Member
    This is the most vainglorious thread
  • kenzie1992kenzie1992 Registered User Posts: 1,003 Senior Member
    I get the best grades and test scores, but I'm not very smart compared to most of my friends...they're just all lazy as hell XD
  • HADC10HADC10 Registered User Posts: 276 Junior Member
    There are a few of us who are bandied about as "the smart ones." It oftentimes depends on subject. I probably work more to cultivate the image than anyone else, though.
  • kenzie1992kenzie1992 Registered User Posts: 1,003 Senior Member
    I get the best grades and test scores, but I'm not very smart compared to most of my friends...they're just all lazy as hell XD
  • bumblebumble Registered User Posts: 700 Member
    no =[ im kinda smart... but my inability to turn things in on time has forced me to be on the bottom end of the list.
  • hi_im_leilahi_im_leila Registered User Posts: 2,024 Senior Member
    First of all, I'd like to comment on how amusing the extraordinary amount of modesty on this thread is.

Second of all, it depends on what group of friends I'm with. But with my main group of friends, which mainly consists of Asians, I am DEFINITELY the "stupid" once by principle, given that my GPA was significantly lower and course load less rigorous than theirs. But can I keep up with them? Certainly. The only difference is that they either try very hard in school or they're inherently smart, whereas I don't try in school and am not blessed with the aptitude to completely blow off school and still walk away with a 4.0.
  • 082349082349 Registered User Posts: 2,228 Senior Member
    My classmates think I'm smart but I think I just did really badly on my chemistry test.
  • bumblebumble Registered User Posts: 700 Member
    ^^ lol leila.. all of my friends are asian too =D and they get super high gpas. kinda puts me to shame actually.
  • ansaransar Registered User Posts: 2,071 Senior Member
    I'm one of 'the smart ones'
This discussion has been closed.