Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Guys, would you prefer your future wife to..

Replies to: Guys, would you prefer your future wife to..

• swineflu17swineflu17 Registered User Posts: 284 Junior Member
    i would want her to be what she wants to be, and since i will not be the one carry the babies for 9 months, how many children will be a question up to her.
  • BMan22BMan22 - Posts: 457 Member
    However, it has been frequently theorized that a large part of the reason women have become the majority of the US workforce is that they were spared when men were fired on account of their lower average wages.

Then you guys should be thankful we don't pay you as much, not complain about it :)

You women do the same amount of work for less. That makes you the more cost efficient sex. Isn't that something to be proud of?
  • hahalolkhahalolk Registered User Posts: 1,757 Senior Member
    ^Also more guys got laid off in the recession because they had construction/manufacturing jobs.
  • christiansoldierchristiansoldier Registered User Posts: 1,342 Senior Member
    I want to make enough money where she can choose for herself.
  • xXconfusedXxxXconfusedXx Registered User Posts: 959 Member
    Whatever makes her happy.

I like this guy.
  • sophistrysophistry Registered User Posts: 913 Junior Member
    ^Me too!

I hope some of you are joking...
    What do you expect to say, "Well honey, I don't want you to work, actually I forbid you to. you must stay home with the kids."???
  • HarveyLewisHarveyLewis Registered User Posts: 2,200 Junior Member
    ^They'll probably just get married to women who want to be stay-at-home moms.
  • 21stCenturyFinny21stCenturyFinny Registered User Posts: 73 New Member
    This thread is a little insensitive...

But anyway, I don't really know if I even want a wife. Eh.
  • CackalackyCackalacky - Posts: 1,073 Senior Member
    If it were my decision, the relationship probably wouldn't work. I would definitely let her choose.
  • Rtgrove123Rtgrove123 Registered User Posts: 1,798 Senior Member
    Haha to be honest..I'd kinda want my wife and I to both b doctors/dentists/bankers/consultants. It would prbly get old. However, I would like knowing my wife and I live similar lives both at home and in our careers. I mean as a doctor or banker, you can work 80+ hrs/week. If one person is staying at home and the other is working in one of these jobs, I think trouble inevitable.
  • xXconfusedXxxXconfusedXx Registered User Posts: 959 Member
    I wish more male CCers would answer this. I would find it extremely helpful. Maybe I will end up marrying in my career field. I aspire to become a surgeon which equals a massive work load, but I also hope to have 2 kids.
  • SaugusSaugus Registered User Posts: 3,906 Senior Member
    ^
    I'm male.

NO. I DON'T WANT A STAY-AT-HOME WIFE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. I dislike my culture and I don't want to have any part in spreading it. It depresses me so much to think what would happen if I were a woman... Uhg. It's like a waste of a life... I can't fathom what it's like.
  • roostersignroostersign Registered User Posts: 156 Junior Member
    ^ Woah, man. What is this Asian women stereotype you're referring too? I don't think it's really that common.
  • SaugusSaugus Registered User Posts: 3,906 Senior Member
    ^
    Really? It's pretty common in both sides of my family... Then again, my aunt is a doctor...

I think it's fading out. It's probably no different than 1950s America.
  • esthetiqueesthetique Registered User Posts: 1,106 Senior Member
    Psh, staying at home just means that men will have to work even harder to bring in more money. Unless of course they're part of the few who are wealthy.

I know a guy who believes that women shouldn't have jobs AT ALL; he says they belong at home in the kitchen. And I think he was serious about it since he kept talking about it to others. And surprisingly he had a gf for a few years.
This discussion has been closed.