Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Guys, would you prefer your future wife to..

Replies to: Guys, would you prefer your future wife to..

• cross0328cross0328 Registered User Posts: 567 Member
    ^i know a girl who wants to be a rich stay at home mom

i dont care really, but i would prefer a wife that works less than me. 3 kids at most, the only reason i would have more is if i had 3 girls at first
  • IlikeyouIlikeyou Registered User Posts: 466 Junior Member
    Well if she really thought about it (what she wanted to do), I wouldn't mind I suppose.
  • FrancaisalamattFrancaisalamatt Registered User Posts: 1,839 Senior Member
    Of course, it's not fair just to ask the guys what they'd want their wives to do.

Ladies on here, what would you want your husband to do? Work? Stay at home? Part-time?
  • PKP4lifePKP4life Registered User Posts: 156 Junior Member
    My fianc
  • IlikeyouIlikeyou Registered User Posts: 466 Junior Member
    ^Your sentence structure is disastrous.

"we decided that she wants"

"her desire to be a teacher ane me to be involved in politics."

"It is her choice and have always told her that"

"that, and we"
  • PKP4lifePKP4life Registered User Posts: 156 Junior Member
    haha, i know, and the funny thing is you are criticizing my grammar and i dont care. the only person allowed to be a grammar nazi is my fianc
  • rayna3rayna3 Registered User Posts: 2,530 Senior Member
    I want my husband and I to both work.
    It may change if I have kids (3 max), because I want to raise them myself...
    I want him to be a musician/actor/artist/dancer/etc. :)
  • Vertigo220hVertigo220h Registered User Posts: 914 Member
    From the gal's point of view (if this is applicable..it's a tangential thought), I'd prefer my husband stay home.
    I remember my ex-boyfriend saying, "Well, it's between career and family.." and I told him that I picked career, hands down. Will most likely not be having children til later life (early to late 30s), though things do change.
  • lucky2010lucky2010 Registered User Posts: 1,465 Senior Member
    I'd like to pay someone to clean my house. I might stay home for a bit to raise the kids, maybe like two years (I only want to give birth to one child, otherwise adopt and and I don't plan to adopt babies but probably a kid already talking and walking). Otherwise get them in a day care and then they'll be in school and if I have a job and so does my guy then we shouldn't have to work long hours.
  • MIThopeful16MIThopeful16 Registered User Posts: 7,539 Senior Member
    If my wife pulls an Elin Nordegren even though I won't cheat, I will be ****ed.
  • franticpizzafranticpizza - Posts: 885 Member
    ^ With the pool boy
  • MIThopeful16MIThopeful16 Registered User Posts: 7,539 Senior Member
    LMAO. In the event that I ever get a divorce and my wife decides to want a settlement of 3/4 of my earnings, I will be a broken man.
  • QwertyKeyQwertyKey Registered User Posts: 4,590 Senior Member
    This would depend entirely on how many kids we have, and what my income is. If I make 2 Million/year and we have 8 kids, she can do more good for the family by staying at home and taking care of the kids than by working.

Personally, if possible I'd like to home school my kids, and would like to have a few kids (or more, depending on how many I can support), so if one of us could stay home and do that, it would be beneficial. Again though, if we're each only making 80K/year, and we have 4 kids, we each probably need to work.
  • ThisCouldBeHeavnThisCouldBeHeavn - Posts: 16,060 Senior Member
    House arrest will be in the prenup.
  • nicksynnicksyn Registered User Posts: 276 Junior Member
    To be honest, if I marry my girlfriend (genius and overachiever) I'll probably be working from home...or she will. Well...you never know. I don't mind either way.
This discussion has been closed.