right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: AMALehigh is a rising sophomore at Lehigh University, majoring in Finance. He answers questions about academics, networking, finance, Greek life, or Lehigh in general. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Good earbuds?

mckyle9423mckyle9423 417 replies51 threads Junior Member
edited July 2010 in High School Life
Anything less than $100, and sounds pretty good on a Zune. I bought some crap ones from Amazon last week after mine got stolen, and they're already broken. So... need another pair x.x Looks are sorta important, but I'd rather have high quality sound than something that looks cool.
edited July 2010
17 replies
Post edited by mckyle9423 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Good earbuds?

• TotalCollapseTotalCollapse 165 replies3 threads Junior Member
    I've had good luck with these bass freq color earphones. You can get them for less than $10 off ebay or something. I've had a few pairs that have broken after 8-12 months, but I would use them for at least a couple hours everyday, so it's understandable. And they come in a lot of different colors. They cancel outside noise pretty well.
    · Reply · Share
  • futurexecutivefuturexecutive 2665 replies17 threads Senior Member
    i use skull candy but i would not reccomend them. sorry for all the help.
    · Reply · Share
  • lucky2010lucky2010 1435 replies30 threads Senior Member
    I got some skullcandy buds and they sound really good to me, I'm also stupidly abusive with headphones and I use a zune. They only cost about $10 at some tech store I was in.
    · Reply · Share
  • spiritualwitchspiritualwitch 685 replies16 threads Member
    I love skullcandy earbuds, even though they broke when I dropped my zune and they got caught on something. My ears are too small for the typical iPod earbuds so the skullcandy ones are small enough not to hurt my ears.
    · Reply · Share
  • arox94arox94 607 replies68 threads Junior Member
    i use skullcandy but dont get the ones with the nylon string.
    · Reply · Share
  • mckyle9423mckyle9423 417 replies51 threads Junior Member
    The bass freq buds look nice, and the cable's pretty good length for me. Might go with those.

Any specific type of skullcandy? I've looked at Ink'd before, how are they?
    · Reply · Share
  • Gryffon5147Gryffon5147 3711 replies54 threads Senior Member
    Lots of under ten dollars ones. Anything that goes over fifty dollars, you'd be better off buying snake oil to rub on your ears for magically improved hearing.
    · Reply · Share
    Find me a pair of under-$10 earbuds that have good bass *and* treble, and won't break in a month... then you're my new favorite person :P
    · Reply · Share
  • TotalCollapseTotalCollapse 165 replies3 threads Junior Member
    I've also used the Skullcandy ink'd earbuds, but they're definitely not as good as vmoda, imo. Plus, vmoda comes with three different sizes of silicone fittings, so they'd be more likely to fit in your ears.
    · Reply · Share
  • PlattsburghLoserPlattsburghLoser 5446 replies41 threads Senior Member
    There's some earbuds called Monkey-something-or-other. Or are made by a company called Monkey-something-or-other (Search on Amazon. I can't imagine there are too many earbuds with the name Monkey in it. It should pop up.)
    they're amazing! The sound is ridiculously clear and crisp.

I used to use SkullCandy but I can't get myself to go back to them after using the Monkey brand.
    · Reply · Share
  • BMan22BMan22 - 444 replies13 threads Member
    Skullcandyyyy
    · Reply · Share
    The only Monkey earbuds that came up on Amazon were Monkey shaped xD
    · Reply · Share
  • eastafrobeautyeastafrobeauty 2333 replies97 threads Senior Member
    These pair of Phillips earbuds that I have: Walmart.com: Philips Color Tunes Earbuds - Red: Audio

But i bought them from target!!! sometimes they have them on sale of 5 bucks.

They're really good. Ive had them for months and they haven't broke...yet!! :) [this is coming from a person that always goes through new pairs]
    · Reply · Share
  • VaeliantVaeliant 233 replies17 threads Junior Member
    I dunno how much you're willing to spend, but these are phenomenal (Amazon.com: Woodees IESW101B Inner-ear Stereo Earphone:…).

Made out wood = awesome resonance and what not.
    · Reply · Share
  • 5pencer5pencer 389 replies53 threads Member
    Skullcandy is amazing.
    · Reply · Share
    Those are pretty cheap, but I prefer canal earbuds. And 1m total for the cable seems a bit short. I can't do short cables, too tall xD

Edit: I was actually looking at Skullcandy Holuas, which re made out of wood too. They looked really nice, but were about double the price of those others :P
    · Reply · Share
  • nne718nne718 1134 replies12 threads Senior Member
    Skullcandy sounded good, but mine broke really quickly.

I currently have JVC marshmallows and they sound really good. They've lasted for 4 months so far. The foam earbuds that come with it are kind of annoying, so I just used my leftover skullcandy earbuds.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity