I have very few on my list of universities so I'm a bit worried. I would appreciate if anyone can suggest me some possible schools fitting my criteria
1. I'm in New York State so it would be nice if I go for schools within a 8hr drive radius.
I'm decent in school, 5 APs in junior year, 96 average all 3 years of highschool so far, SAT: 2160 (retaking), ACT: 33 (retaking), 750 in Math II (retaking), and 780 in Chemistry and 790 in US subject tests. I have pretty lame extracurriculars though, only 2 school clubs and some volunteer programs.
2. I'm planning to go for a career around medicine or biology. Perhaps pharmacist or biological researcher.
3. Dream School is probably Cornell, might apply for University of Washington dual admission program (although realistically my chances of getting in that are less than slim I think), and am going to go for U of Toronto, McGill, or University of Buffalo.
4. Does it really matter for me to get into these big name universities like Cornell for undergrad though? What's really important is grad school right? Would getting into these big name schools really guarantee good grad school, or should I just go to UB and go for a good med school afterwards? Being in loads of debt after undergrad doesn't sound too attractive.
5. I'm Asian so my chances at a school with a lot of Asians will probably not be good for me, due to the increased competition and all. I'm also a Canadian citizen living in America, so I'm interested in schools in both countries.