Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Self-studying A.P. Sciences

LaPrincesaLaPrincesa Registered User Posts: 309 Member
Hi there ;)
Ive heard that people self study ap courses in their own and then take the ap tests in may and if they pass colleges account that ap. I will be taking ap physics and ap us history and ap literature next year along with the basic courses of Spanish 3 and precalculus. My school does not allow a student to take more than one ap science over the course of high school so I was actually planning to self study the ap sciences next year. I'm going to be a junior and I want to self study ap bio and p chem. I know I may sound a bit crazy and ut probably isn't recommended but I want to know whether it's Possible to self study and pass the ap tests in may, hopefully with a 4 or higher. I'm willing to put in the time and effort but if it's going to be futile, I'd like to know too. Thanks :)
Post edited by LaPrincesa on

Replies to: Self-studying A.P. Sciences

• ObstructionsObstructions Registered User Posts: 91 Junior Member
    As long as you take it seriously and actually study, you can get the credit. May want to consider getting a textbook and possibly a out of school tutor to help you with some of the complicated stuff.
  • LaPrincesaLaPrincesa Registered User Posts: 309 Member
    Yeah I'll definitely get textbooks and ap prep books maybe no tutor though. Does anybody know/is somebody who self studied ap bio and/or ap chem? Any advice?
  • mmmcdowemmmcdowe Registered User Posts: 2,353 Senior Member
    Do lots of practice problems after each learning session, review the explanations for right and wrong answers. That's the key.
This discussion has been closed.