right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We have changed the way we log in on College Confidential. Read more here.

Looking for clinical experience e.g., shadowing as a high school student for BS/MD

ParallelismParallelism 184 replies20 threads Junior Member
I am a high school senior planning to apply to Brown PLME and a few other programs in the fall. However, I am lacking in real clinical experience -- I only have ~60 hours right now from a local hospital. Anyone here have any suggestions as to how I can acquire the clinical experience that BS/MD programs require of their applicants?

Thank you.
edited July 2013
5 replies
Post edited by Parallelism on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Looking for clinical experience e.g., shadowing as a high school student for BS/MD

  • i_wanna_be_Browni_wanna_be_Brown 8241 replies73 threadsForum Champion Brown Forum Champion
    Shadow more? Get involved in clinical research? Volunteer at nursing home? If there is a patient in the room, it could as clinical experience so there are lots of options
    · Reply · Share
  • TheLeftyTheLefty 130 replies41 threads Junior Member
    I interned at a Physical Therapy clinic for about a month with a total of 170 hours. Currently, I am volunteering for 15 hours/month at a local hospital. Just look at the volunteer programs at your local hospitals or go to clinics and ask if you can observe or intern.
    · Reply · Share
  • UltimabladeUltimablade 471 replies114 threads Member
    CNA/EMT certification would be a good way to do it and get paid.
    · Reply · Share
  • Pooja97Pooja97 7 replies0 threads New Member
    What is CNA/EMT certification? #Ultimablade
    · Reply · Share
  • LCollege1999LCollege1999 2 replies4 threads New Member
    CNA- Certified Nursing Assistant, most states you can receive this at age 16. EMT- Emergency Medical Technician if I'm not mistaken, you can usually get this at 18 years old
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity