Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

???????????

jellybeanzjellybeanz Registered User Posts: 41 Junior Member
im so confused. i got my acceptances already and im choosing between NYIT and Stony Brook. I want to be a doctor, and I got into a 7 yr BS/DO program at NYIT. I really like Stony Brook but I have a great oppurtunity at NYIT. help me choose bt them two. and i got a schloarship from NYIT. ....
Post edited by jellybeanz on

Replies to: ???????????

• beefsbeefs Registered User Posts: 2,559 Senior Member
    stony 1 0
  • asdfjkl1asdfjkl1 Registered User Posts: 1,950 Senior Member
    Well, the doctor program sounds good but your professional degree is very important. If you go to Stonybrook, you have the opportunity to try for better med schools. Would you just be content with NYIT med school as your degree with no other options? Is it high quality?

Figure it out now so you can make the right choice.
  • lnguye02lnguye02 Registered User Posts: 175 Junior Member
    jellybeanz,

Please share your stats!
  • lovelacelovelace Registered User Posts: 53 Junior Member
    I'm actually going through the same problem as well. I got into the NYIT program and I got into the WISE program at Stony Brook, which is not an accelerated program just an honors program with regular pre-med. I dont want to regret not going to the DO program later because it does provide a good opportunity by going to NYCOM and by saving a year, but it is true that if I got to Stony I have an opportunity to go to another med school...but the thing is med school is VERY hard to get into...acceptance rates are very low and it's not as easy as it sounds, so should i stay in the program or go to stony?? help!
  • RomanianRomanian Registered User Posts: 47 Junior Member
    I would say take the one you have a better opportunity at over the one you like more because of superficial stats. You'll learn to love the one you go to, whichever it may be.
This discussion has been closed.