right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We have identified a log in issue that is preventing some members from accessing the site. The support team is diligently working on resolving it. We hope to have an update soon. Read more here. Thanks for your understanding!

What time period are you currently studying in APUSH?

Replies to: What time period are you currently studying in APUSH?

• garfieldlikergarfieldliker 1914 replies78 threads Senior Member
    Sorry, I meant 20th century.
    · Reply · Share
  • suncoastfansuncoastfan 118 replies3 threads- Junior Member
    When I got home THE BOOK (US History in a Flash) was there!! I can't wait to start reading through it.
    · Reply · Share
  • drewski94drewski94 124 replies22 threads Junior Member
    Gilded Age. WOOHOO!
    · Reply · Share
  • ep1994ep1994 6 replies0 threads New Member
    We are in spring break right now, and we have to finish the textbook. We are using American Pageant ed. 13th.
    · Reply · Share
  • chocolatechipssschocolatechipsss 96 replies3 threads Junior Member
    We just finished WWII and are starting with the Truman administration next week.
    · Reply · Share
  • 314159265314159265 4195 replies81 threads Senior Member
    We're on spring break right now and we're doing our second-to-last chapter when we get back (Nixon/Ford/Carter).
    · Reply · Share
  • HAPPYG123HAPPYG123 14 replies5 threads New Member
    I had APUSH last semester (my school runs in two semesters), so my class already finished the whole course.

Now i'm reviewing with AMSCO and i'm currently on WWI, but I plan to get the whole review over by next week.
    · Reply · Share
  • burgerking316burgerking316 366 replies22 threads Member
    My teacher went into overdrive and we are finishing the curriculum on Friday. We have spring break next week so I get to cram for the exam and hope for a 5 :D
    · Reply · Share
  • PinkLoverPinkLover 108 replies10 threads Junior Member
    Just finishing up WWII and starting Truman/Cold War.
    We went really slow the beginning of the year, just 1 chapter a week, and now the chapters are piling on, because our teacher is rushing to finish the text before the test lol
    · Reply · Share
  • Jordan134Jordan134 135 replies1 threads Junior Member
    We just finished with the Cold War. But, we still need to get through 4-5 chapters before the AP exam, which is in 3 weeks. My teacher does a bad job teaching though. It's his first year teaching AP and he treats us as if we are still in a regular class. We haven't done a timed DBQ since last November. I am basically relying on Crash Course, but i am still reading the textbook, however.
    · Reply · Share
  • beatlesdisturbedbeatlesdisturbed 357 replies5 threads Member
    Last year, we finished the class by April 1st, did nothing but test prep until the exams, then studied current events and debated after that.
    · Reply · Share
  • secondarrow2secondarrow2 150 replies14 threads Junior Member
    My teacher has done fairly well with keeping a steady reading pace throughout the year. We finished all the required reading and are reviewing for the APUSH exam already. I have taken around 6 FRQs and 6 DBQS and 5 MC exams throughout the year and there is still one more MC exam to come, so hopefully I will be prepared by the time the exam comes around.
    · Reply · Share
  • bwbluebwblue 142 replies1 threads Junior Member
    we have our last quiz tomorrow. I guess we review on Thursday... though I'm not completely sure because we don't have school Friday (spring break begins) and the following week. I seriously hate my county for 1) scheduling spring break so late and 2) having spring break the week before AP exams. Ugh, I haven't started studying yet...hopefully AMSCO will save me, considering my teacher has a 23% pass rate :/
    · Reply · Share
  • dark knightdark knight 716 replies59 threads. Member
    ^ A 23 percent pass rate is terrible. Is it because of a bad teacher or bad students?
    · Reply · Share
  • TenorsTenors 1097 replies137 threads Senior Member
    I have to get through Eisenhower to present by myself, and then go back to Machine Age and Gilded Age because I dropped from AP US II to Honors US II. (No, the drop won't be on my transcript.)

Fun. I think I'll cover only the main points for 1960s - present and put more effort in the Gilded and Machine Age.
    · Reply · Share
  • drewski94drewski94 124 replies22 threads Junior Member
    I can't believe people have written so many DBQ's! We have written NONE. We look at them a lot, and discuss what to write, but we've never actually written one.
    · Reply · Share
  • AeroAstroAeroAstro 20 replies0 threads New Member
    The way my school has it's scheduling, we took AP history in two semesters. So I'm not even in the class right now. I took Honors 19th second semester sophomore year, and AP 20th first semester this year, my junior year.

Our entire class is a little freaked out that the test is in two weeks. Everything before Reconstruction is a little fuzzy. And we haven't even read the last two chapters of the book, dealing with (I think) the Ford administration onwards. We'll be getting those chapters this week.

I should have started reviewing a lot earlier, but I'll probably be fine. Our teacher said that they go through this every year and students usually get 4's and 5's on the exam.
    · Reply · Share
  • DesiGirl123DesiGirl123 40 replies35 threads Junior Member
    We're in Vietnam era in the 1970s.
    · Reply · Share
  • kimberlyykimberlyy 138 replies40 threads Junior Member
    We're only going up to Reagan's first presidency, and not even. More like just the 1980 election. We're reviewing the last few days before the AP test and that's it.
    · Reply · Share
  • IsurusIsurus 319 replies9 threads Member
    Battle of the Bulge. Funny thing is, I don't even think we're on track for the CA CSTs.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity