Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

What time period are you currently studying in APUSH?

13»

Replies to: What time period are you currently studying in APUSH?

• beatlesdisturbedbeatlesdisturbed Registered User Posts: 362 Member
    Last year, we finished the class by April 1st, did nothing but test prep until the exams, then studied current events and debated after that.
  • secondarrow2secondarrow2 Registered User Posts: 164 Junior Member
    My teacher has done fairly well with keeping a steady reading pace throughout the year. We finished all the required reading and are reviewing for the APUSH exam already. I have taken around 6 FRQs and 6 DBQS and 5 MC exams throughout the year and there is still one more MC exam to come, so hopefully I will be prepared by the time the exam comes around.
  • bwbluebwblue Registered User Posts: 143 Junior Member
    we have our last quiz tomorrow. I guess we review on Thursday... though I'm not completely sure because we don't have school Friday (spring break begins) and the following week. I seriously hate my county for 1) scheduling spring break so late and 2) having spring break the week before AP exams. Ugh, I haven't started studying yet...hopefully AMSCO will save me, considering my teacher has a 23% pass rate :/
  • dark knightdark knight . Posts: 775 Member
    ^ A 23 percent pass rate is terrible. Is it because of a bad teacher or bad students?
  • TenorsTenors Registered User Posts: 1,234 Senior Member
    I have to get through Eisenhower to present by myself, and then go back to Machine Age and Gilded Age because I dropped from AP US II to Honors US II. (No, the drop won't be on my transcript.)

Fun. I think I'll cover only the main points for 1960s - present and put more effort in the Gilded and Machine Age.
  • drewski94drewski94 Registered User Posts: 146 Junior Member
    I can't believe people have written so many DBQ's! We have written NONE. We look at them a lot, and discuss what to write, but we've never actually written one.
  • AeroAstroAeroAstro Registered User Posts: 20 New Member
    The way my school has it's scheduling, we took AP history in two semesters. So I'm not even in the class right now. I took Honors 19th second semester sophomore year, and AP 20th first semester this year, my junior year.

Our entire class is a little freaked out that the test is in two weeks. Everything before Reconstruction is a little fuzzy. And we haven't even read the last two chapters of the book, dealing with (I think) the Ford administration onwards. We'll be getting those chapters this week.

I should have started reviewing a lot earlier, but I'll probably be fine. Our teacher said that they go through this every year and students usually get 4's and 5's on the exam.
  • DesiGirl123DesiGirl123 Registered User Posts: 75 Junior Member
    We're in Vietnam era in the 1970s.
  • kimberlyykimberlyy Registered User Posts: 178 Junior Member
    We're only going up to Reagan's first presidency, and not even. More like just the 1980 election. We're reviewing the last few days before the AP test and that's it.
  • IsurusIsurus Registered User Posts: 328 Member
    Battle of the Bulge. Funny thing is, I don't even think we're on track for the CA CSTs.
  • AmanraviAmanravi Registered User Posts: 39 Junior Member
    Any good review sites? We use the APUSH book by Brinkley
  • kimberlyykimberlyy Registered User Posts: 178 Junior Member
    I found this list of vocabulary quite helpful: - AP US History Terms - AP US History Exam Review Course -

It goes through most/all of the main terms if you're in a rush to cram (like me). :)
  • mathelamathela Registered User Posts: 318 Member
    our class just did the Wagner Act. LOL thank god for Direct Hits.
  • dondonsjdondonsj Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    We stopped just after W. Wilson and now working backwards from Baby Bush down.
    Also, here is a site my teacher recommended that has great info
    Invader's Realm: APUS History Notes
  • QwertyNerdQwertyNerd Registered User Posts: 147 Junior Member
    Pffft we're barely into WWII. Plus, our school splits USH into 2 years so we had plenty of time to learn everything.
    Our teacher is attempting to make up for our lack of pace by giving after school review courses on the things we won't cover. So we're basically learning from 1945 - 2000 in 7 30 minute sessions >.>
13»
This discussion has been closed.