Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Amsco reign as the top APUSH book may be over

dark knightdark knight . Posts: 775 Member
edited April 2011 in History & Social Sciences
For some time now everyone has agreed that Amsco's APUSH book is the best. That may no longer be true. Several weeks ago I was one of at least a hundred CCers who received a sampler of new APUSH book from DH. It was very good but it was just a sampler. So I decided to wait. The wait is just about over. The DH website (go to Downloads and Resources) now has their complete Table of Contents and their new chapters on the 1920s and 1950s. I just read these chapters and compared them with Amsco. I think DH is much better. I'm looking forward to seeing the complete book in a few days. If you are taking the APUSH exam you really should check this out.
Post edited by dark knight on

Replies to: Amsco reign as the top APUSH book may be over

• hannahj65hannahj65 Registered User Posts: 197 Junior Member
    have you received your book yet? If you did could you give your opinion on it and how it compares to amsco..thanks
  • garfieldlikergarfieldliker Registered User Posts: 1,992 Senior Member
    I got it 2 days ago and I have read about a fifth of the book. It is very good. I remember taking practice MC tests and getting a few incorrect. As I read the book, it has points that directly answer the question. They look at past tests and form a content review based on that and avoid unnecessary info
This discussion has been closed.