Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Amsco failure

UCLA2013UCLA2013 Registered User Posts: 26 New Member
edited April 2011 in History & Social Sciences
Hello all, it's almost April, and you know what this means, one month until AP exams. I've started reading AMSCO, however, what I have noticed is that it lacks depth when it comes to FRQs and DBQs. For example, a 2008 FRQ asks for an analysis of the market revolution(1820s-1860s). AMSCO does not make mention of the market revolution. This seems to prevail for many of the essay topics required in the official AP exam FRQ/DBQs. What is one supposed to do?(I'm only reading AMSCO and CrashCourse. I haven't touched the textbook.)
Post edited by UCLA2013 on

Replies to: Amsco failure

• swebberswebber Registered User Posts: 403 Member
    You could just go on collegeboard.com and use their essays from the actual exams.
  • UCLA2013UCLA2013 Registered User Posts: 26 New Member
    Sorry, the market revolution is present. What i meant was enough information. Reading past essay topics isn't going to prepare me for essay topics this year...
    Oh, completely misread your post. You mean you read the prompt and looked to AMSCO for information, and it wasn't in there? Yeah, that's kinda disturbing. Although, I've practiced with a few official FRQ prompts and AMSCO seemed pretty adequate. Anywho, I guess you could just try to supplement it with other sources. If you've got time, you could go to the library and get one of those thick history books. I did, and whenever I feel that a prep book glossed over something, I flip to the corresponding section in the history book and read it at great length. Then I never forget the essentials of that bit again. IF you've got time, of course.
  • Christ4LifeeChrist4Lifee - Posts: 24 New Member
    Lol, I hope the DBQ isn't about the Market Revolution. I don't even know what that is lol.
    Yeahh, I was embarrassed to admit it but neither do I. I think it had something to do with the Jacksonian Era or something? And that's about all I know and it's probably not true.
  • ZuVieleFragenZuVieleFragen Registered User Posts: 152 Junior Member
    Haha... yeah... no idea what that is :P

I am taking the class, but I literally don't do any work in it... I just skim 30 minutes before tests and forget the material as soon as I've finished. I suppose that's not so great... I'm going to find AMSCO this weekend and become serious about APUSH!
    Yeah, you really gotta get into your AMSCO. I just got Direct Hits like five minutes ago in the mail, can't wait to start reading :)
This discussion has been closed.