Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

AP Euro and AP World?

calebscoolcalebscool Registered User Posts: 27 New Member
edited March 2011 in History & Social Sciences
Should I take both of these courses? Euro 10th grade, World 11th? I'm already taking US History this year (9th). Considering I want to go to an ivy league school, should i self study for one, both, neither, or should i take one course and not the other? I'm more than willing to put in the work involved.
Post edited by calebscool on

Replies to: AP Euro and AP World?

• dark knightdark knight . Posts: 775 Member
    How are you doing in APUSH? I think the best strategy would be to take AP World first and then AP Euro.
  • ptrca02ptrca02 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    This really depends on your interests. However, most history classes can be easily self studied. If you have a strong reading and writing base, than you'll do fine on the tests. (AP Euro and World have a more simplified DBQ than APUSH.)

I took an AP Euro class and although there was so much reading and information, the some stories were really entertaining to learn. I knew nothing of this topic before this class but had some interest so I ended up enjoying it. If Euro or World sounds like interesting topics to you, don't hesitate to take a class.
This discussion has been closed.