Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Questions on APUSH and AP US Government

BaloneyDetectorBaloneyDetector Registered User Posts: 26 New Member
edited March 2011 in History & Social Sciences
I'm going to self study for the APUSH and US Government tests next May, and I have a couple questions on textbooks for the courses.

1. Do you need a textbook for APUSH, or can you just read through AMSCO and REA's Crash Course? I was looking at getting the American Pageant if I need a textbook.

2. For U.S. Government, does it matter if you have the most recent textbook? i was looking at getting "Government in America: People, Politics, and Policy" but I wanted to get an older version if I can.

Thanks in advance everyone.
Post edited by BaloneyDetector on

Replies to: Questions on APUSH and AP US Government

• swebberswebber Registered User Posts: 403 Member
    I'd say Crash Course would work far better for Government. Yeah, AMSCO and CC for APUSH and you'll be good. Practicing essays and MCs too, of course.
  • BaloneyDetectorBaloneyDetector Registered User Posts: 26 New Member
    swebber: So you don't think I'd need a textbook for Government?

dark knight: I've never heard of the Direct Hits series. Is it the first edition? And do they schedule yearly releases like PR?
  • BaloneyDetectorBaloneyDetector Registered User Posts: 26 New Member
    Does it make a big difference if I get a slightly outdated edition and just make up the extra with a prep book? It wouldn't be like 15 years or anything, just 6 or 7.

And yeah, I'll check out the DH book. Thanks for the tip.
This discussion has been closed.