right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

AP US History Teacher

jay1412jay1412 21 replies6 threads New Member
edited October 2012 in History & Social Sciences
I am taking APUSH this year and it's my teacher's first year teaching (not an AP class) it's her first year teaching anything. She just graduated, fresh out of college and obviously as you guessed she is not right for teaching APUSH. She is nice and everything and accepts suggestions and stuff. So you guys who took APUSH earlier, I would love to know how your teachers taught it and maybe you had some excellent teachers (how they taught it?) The way she teaches is that she assigns us reading every night (we use Out of Many) and then kinda goes over the notes in a power point. We do other activities like some DBQ's and everything. We have reading quizzes and we can use our notes on it. Her tests are kinda hard, part of it being she not teaching. 75% of people failed her first test. It is not that much of a college course. So I would like to know how you were taught and I am thinking to write her an email telling her everything (any thoughts on that) This is part of the reason, why I want to know how you were taught it. I am writing her like an intensive email it's going to be like a 5 paragraph essay lol. And i ordered the Amsco so I can get a 5 on the AP test.
edited October 2012
1 replies
Post edited by jay1412 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: AP US History Teacher

This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity