right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

What did you find to be most difficult in AP US/AP European History

mike50mike50 32 replies84 threads Junior Member
edited October 2012 in History & Social Sciences
Share what you thought was most difficult in AP US History and how you would approach improving within that area. Any advice for AP US/Euro beginners is appreciated.
edited October 2012
4 replies
Post edited by mike50 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: What did you find to be most difficult in AP US/AP European History

• AshleySmithAshleySmith 26 replies2 threads New Member
    I think the biggest challenge for me is just the amount of knowledge you need to know.
    · Reply · Share
  • PhilovitistPhilovitist 2695 replies44 threads Senior Member
    I loved it, loved it, loved it.

None of it was particularly hard, but as you get into the the mid-20th century, a history of Europe gets really difficult to organize.
    · Reply · Share
  • AwflapjackzAwflapjackz 889 replies47 threads Member
    I'm a sophomore taking both classes right now. I had AP World History last year.

Personally, I find AP Euro to be the more challenging, yet interesting of the two. I feel this course is much more detailed. Maybe because I'm not familiar with European history, whereas I've had background in US History in junior high. To succeed in either class, one must simply read the textbook and make use of a good prep book. Learn how to write essays. Other than that, not much else I can tell you.
    · Reply · Share
  • joshuabovejoshuabove 38 replies7 threads Junior Member
    The hardest part of AP Euro for me was keeping names straight. Which Henry, Louis, etc. you were talking about. For me, pre-industrial revolution stuff was a bit hard to wrap my mind around. I eventually just tried to memorize trends rather than specific events. It really helps when you have no clue, but you can make an very accurate guess based on this knowledge. However, some of my classmates really struggled with the modern stuff. I think it all depends on the student. I think studying the art was the best part of the course! I wish our school had AP Art History....sigh
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity