right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

Should I self study AP US gov and get a 5 on the exam with extensive studying?

awesomeirlawesomeirl 161 replies53 threads Junior Member
edited November 2012 in History & Social Sciences
I don't have much of an extensive academically based government/political background (though they've always intrigued me). I understand that I have but only 4 months to squeeze this in but I'm willing to accept the challenge! What materials should I get to study the subject matter, how difficult is the test, and can I expect to get a 5 with extensive studying albeit not having an instructor to clarify topics?
edited November 2012
5 replies
Post edited by awesomeirl on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Should I self study AP US gov and get a 5 on the exam with extensive studying?

• DarthpwnerDarthpwner 919 replies88 threads Senior Member
    Why do you only have 4 months? The exam is in May.
    · Reply · Share
  • awesomeirlawesomeirl 161 replies53 threads Junior Member
    Oh, I thought it was in March at that moment, for some reason that's beyond me....
    I can't edit it so..
    · Reply · Share
  • dzzalldaydzzallday 160 replies2 threads Junior Member
    I think you'll be able to accomplish it - especially since you have more like seven months to prepare. Buy the best review book for AP Gov and do a couple of chapters each month.

AP Gov. is easier to study along with certain history courses (like APUSH).
    · Reply · Share
  • DarthpwnerDarthpwner 919 replies88 threads Senior Member
    I'm going to self-study too xP. I'm a senior so I am going to start after college apps are done. APUSH knowledge really helps I heard like the above poster mentioned.
    · Reply · Share
  • hermionegranger1hermionegranger1 10 replies2 threads New Member
    I know this isn't a textbook but the hippocampus website is a great resource. I took the class 2 years ago and our teacher pretty much taught us with it, and our tests were from the book. The AP exam isn't too bad if you know your stuff, especially without DBQ's. Good luck!
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity