Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Is a test prep book enough for AP World History?

apbioapchemy55apbioapchemy55 Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
edited July 2013 in History & Social Sciences
I'm thinking about taking AP World History in tenth grade. I've bought a Princeton Review Test Prep for the AP World History exam. Is the test prep enough or do I need an actual AP World History book? Help pls.
Post edited by apbioapchemy55 on

Replies to: Is a test prep book enough for AP World History?

• wynterwynter Registered User Posts: 359 Member
    That will be enough
  • blahblaherblahblaher Registered User Posts: 34 Junior Member
    I used Barron's when I took it last year, but I also had a textbook called "The Earth and Its Peoples". It was decently helpful, but there were great chapter summaries that correlated with each chapter that definitely helped a lot. I got a 5 but I'm not going to lie though, I had the most amazing teacher who overprepared me to the highest extent.

Honestly, I don't think just a prep book's going to cut it for AP World. CB seems to think that AP World is designed to be a 12th grade course, and the curve has gotten increasingly harsh over the past few years. Unless you really have a penchant for history, I'd invest in some more material.
  • DThornzDThornz Registered User Posts: 16 New Member
    Used Barron's myself, didn't help much but I got a 3 at least :)
This discussion has been closed.