right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

AP World History

bellawh1219bellawh1219 1 replies1 threads New Member
Hello-
I'm a junior and for the last three years I have been putting in for AP World History at my school. Consequently I have been denied each time as they haven't met the required amount of students to fill the class. I have decided to self-study it this year. I was wondering if anyone who has had experience with the subject or self-studying in general could give me advice or an idea on the best way to go about doing this. Thanks in advance! (:
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: AP World History

• ZealousScholarZealousScholar 240 replies3 threads Junior Member
    The exam has underwent a major rehaul. All the questions are no longer fact-based and use conceptual trends and causes instead.
    The format is now
    55 Stimulus Based Multiple Choice
    4 Short Answer Questions
    1 LEQ
    1 DBQ

My best advice is to fully understand how to do well on the new exam. The multiple choice is pretty straightforward, but all the written questions have a specific point based rubric. You can write the most eloquent essay possible and get a 0 on the essay, and write a semi-formal essay but hit all the points and get a perfect score. My teacher did not know the new exam very well when I had AP Euro (which is the same format). You should watch Tom Richey's DBQ/LEQ videos. Also get the newest versions of Barron's and Crash Course.
    · Reply · Share
  • bellawh1219bellawh1219 1 replies1 threads New Member
    Thank you so much (:
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity