right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

Finding the right college for your unique situation can be challenging. Hear from other students who shared their admissions story. Download our FREE Student Voices - vol. 1, Student Voices - vol. 2, Student Voices - vol. 3, and Student Voices - vol. 4 eBooks NOW!
In an exclusive AMA for College Confidential, Gaelle Pierre-Louis, a former college admissions officer, reveals surprising insights on the elite college application process. ASK HER ANYTHING!
PARENTS4PARENTS: With the deadlines for ED/EA coming up shortly, thumper1 and happymomof1 will be answering questions and sharing their tips on how to build your college list. ASK THEM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our October Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.

AP USH in 7 days....what should I do?

ArthuaArthua 96 replies41 threads Junior Member
edited September 2010 in History & Social Sciences
Ok everyone...apush in 7 days. Heres my deal: I have paid a decent amount of attention in my ap ush class, but I haven't studied at all for this ap exam. My teacher is a prattler and he often digresses during class, and the students learn nothing. I have read my textbook during school up until 1960, but all that reading was just to study for my in-class tests. I ONLY HAVE 7 days and I need a study plan, could I get a 4 or 5 in 7 days with a decent knowledge of us history?

I own AMSCO....thats it. In order to save time I need to know what topics are MOST important. I know roughly the basis of most time periods in ush, so I truely want to focus on the MOST IMPORTANT topics tested. Can anyone give me a list?

P.S. I noticed like in Jan. this freakin' AMSCO has no answer key....wth
edited September 2010
13 replies
Post edited by Arthua on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: AP USH in 7 days....what should I do?

• santeriasanteria 451 replies11 threads Member
    Buy the REA crash course book...takes a few hours to read
    · Reply · Share
  • leadlolleadlol 420 replies74 threads Member
    The Crash Course book is what you're looking for.
    · Reply · Share
  • ArthuaArthua 96 replies41 threads Junior Member
    is that worth it? I have AMSCO. But can anyone post me a list of the most important topics to study for?
    · Reply · Share
  • HarambeeHarambee 2600 replies4 threads Senior Member
    Just read through AMSCO, and reinforce the material that you don't know that well. There isn't a set list of topics that will guarantee you a "good" score.
    P.S. I noticed like in Jan. this freakin' AMSCO has no answer key....wth
    You can find the AMSCO answer key here
    · Reply · Share
  • newaccounttnewaccountt 64 replies7 threads Junior Member
    LOL reading through AMSCO in a week won't help you. too much info. if i were your, i'd rather read through crashcourse 2-3 times.
    · Reply · Share
  • Aaron2011Aaron2011 106 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Is reading through Crash Course once enough to get a 4?
    · Reply · Share
  • dark knightdark knight . 716 replies59 threads Member
    ^ Yes, it is
    · Reply · Share
    the thing is...damn another book lol. Ok where can I find this crash course?
    · Reply · Share
  • xiaojingtengxiaojingteng 127 replies50 threads Junior Member
    ^ it should be at most bookstores (borders, barnes and noble, etc.)

when reading amsco, do you just read through the material, or do you answer the dbqs as well?
    · Reply · Share
    I just read it, it has helped throughout the year for in-class test ( i have a 92 avg in the class because AMSCO). How should I effectively use AMSCO? answer dbq?
    · Reply · Share
  • Strikeb4ckStrikeb4ck 376 replies66 threads Member
    I'm in the same boat as you. Have APUSH on Friday.
    I bought the Crash Course yesterday, read like one chapter, just wasn't motivated to study.

I'm planning on reading the book on today/Monday, and Wednesday/Thursday. I have to study for IB Math on Tuesday/Thursday too though.
    · Reply · Share
    Ok this is very old thread I made last May, but just for the record I got a 4 on the APUSH, with just a study packet, and AMSCO. Thnx everyone

So its possible :D
    · Reply · Share
  • SeekingUniSeekingUni 2059 replies129 threads Senior Member
    You can find the AMSCO answer key here
    Does this answer key apply to the "Revised 2010" edition of the AMSCO book?
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity