right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Concerned about how to pay for college amid COVID-19 economic changes? Join us for a webinar on Thu, Apr. 9 at 5pm ET. REGISTER NOW and let us know what questions you have and want answered.
Check out our newest addition to the Student Lounge. Go to the "STUDENT HERE: Ask Me Anything!" and connect with fellow students who can answer your school specific questions!
Most of the decisions are in by now. Connect with fellow students and share support for those who didn't get the best news.

Test optional for Hofstra?

typicalmomtypicalmom 33 replies28 threads Junior Member
ACT 23. SAT 1110. Gpa 86.5.
Strong extracurriculars.
They state SAT midrange is 1130-1300 and ACT 24-30.
Submit or no?
4 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Test optional for Hofstra?

• pkchamp89pkchamp89 612 replies0 threads Member
    edited October 2017
    I would not submit ACT. You could go either way with SAT. Do you know if you need to submit standardized test scores in order to be considered for merit aid? That would be my decision maker for sending the SAT score. @typicalmom
    edited October 2017
    · Reply · Share
  • happy1happy1 23566 replies2337 threads Senior Member
    edited October 2017
    I would not submit. The general rule I have heard from admissions officers is that is a student is below the average in terms of standardized testing is then it is best to apply test optional. Both of your son's scores are below the 25th percentile so I would go test optional.
    edited October 2017
    · Reply · Share
  • typicalmomtypicalmom 33 replies28 threads Junior Member
    Submitted ACTs. Accepted EA with $30K scholarship.
    · Reply · Share
  • Seawolf22Seawolf22 12 replies0 threads New Member
    Submitted ACT as well (got a 27). Received 27k Provost scholarship.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity