Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Book lists question

KathryngansKathryngans Registered User Posts: 15 New Member
edited November 2010 in Home Schooling and College
Hello,

I'm wondering if I should or should not include in my son's transcript the full scope of what he has read? By this I mean, he has read War and Peace and I would include that, but should I also include things like Stephen King's Cujo, or The Cell?
Post edited by Kathryngans on

Replies to: Book lists question

• BaseballFanatic123BaseballFanatic123 Registered User Posts: 896 Member
    Depends on the college I think. I've read over 200 books easily (i'm talking stuff like War and Peace) so I doubt they want to see all that, but at the same time, showing them rigor is good.
  • florida1on1florida1on1 Registered User Posts: 99 Junior Member
    I don't think it matters....but its good he has touched on certain book he willl have to read in college
  • hsmom6hsmom6 Registered User Posts: 50 Junior Member
    Although most colleges won't request a book list, it doesn't hurt to include it. I would not hesitate adding a Stephen King book as it shows that the student is a well rounded reader. Actually, my oldest daughter went to PS and she had to read some Stephen King. I think that a college might be a little suspicious if you had a book list of 200 books "like War and Peace" and nothing lighter!
This discussion has been closed.