Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

I'm Nervous I Didn't Do Enough...

kayleeaykayleeay Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
edited November 2010 in Home Schooling and College
I am a homeschooling senior and I'm nervous I didn't do enough the last four years.

I will have 33 credits when I graduate in May.
Mostly A's and B's
My GPA is 3.5ish

5 CC Classes from 2009, 4 C's and 1 B. I could have done better but I had not had a teacher beside my mother since 5th grade.
And I'm taking more Dual-Enrollment classes this spring.

Extra Curricular's include- 4-H, Book Club, French Club (New), Eventing & Hunter/Jumper Teams, and a few more.

No AP or IB.
No SAT II.

SAT Scores arent in yet. They should be good.

Applying to Wake Forest, Auburn, Elon, UNC, Clemson, USC, James Madison and College of Charleston.
Post edited by kayleeay on

Replies to: I'm Nervous I Didn't Do Enough...

• ncmentorncmentor Registered User Posts: 1,346 Senior Member
    Are you asking a question? Or Just worried?

Not much anyone can do with your info and lack of question other than saying that "I understand" and "hang in - things work out"... Good Luck
  • kayleeaykayleeay Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    No reason to be rude...

Any advice? WILL I GET INTO COLLEGE?
    A helpful word?

Thanks.
  • anotherparentanotherparent Registered User Posts: 1,275 Senior Member
    I dont think ncmentor is being rude, you just are not giving enough info. Will you get into college? yes, probably. If you think your list is too ambitious, then add a couple more safeties.
  • ncmentorncmentor Registered User Posts: 1,346 Senior Member
    --- "I understand" and "hang in - things work out"... Good Luck... ---

Sorry you found my response rude. It truly wasn't intended that way.

Let me try again,

With no SAT scores available I don't know how a college is likely to access the success and rigor of your homeschooling.

They are likely to look at other factors beyond your homeschooling GPA and credits and from what you have provided that leaves:

4 C's and 1 B in CC classes (not a very good impression for the level of schools you are looking at).

Extra Curricular's -

4-H, Book Club (unimpressive),
    French Club (New) - (anything new is unimpressive),
    Eventing & Hunter/Jumper Teams (might be incredible and the only EC you need if you were very involved or competed successfully beyond the local level - but you didn't give enough info for anyone to tell you if it would likely impress good schools).

I agree with anotherparent, you will certainly get into college (and hopefully some or all of the colleges on your list) but without seeing your SAT / ACT scores, essays, involvement (by the way - a job is often an excellant EC) and recommendations it's too hard to give you accurate chances... I would recommend a couple of less aggressive choices...

But perhaps the best advice I could give to someone who is worried and doesn't have their standardized test scores yet is - "I understand" and "hang in - things work out"... Good Luck...
This discussion has been closed.