Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

If I Get a 4 on an easy AP Exam will It hurt me in college admissions?

cj5555cj5555 Registered User Posts: 184 Junior Member
I was wondering If I got a 4 on an easy AP exam will it hurt me in college admission?

Replies to: If I Get a 4 on an easy AP Exam will It hurt me in college admissions?

• MON824MON824 Registered User Posts: 212 Junior Member
    It would probably help. When considering, many colleges will factor in your school and environment to see the amount of advantage you received from your location (or lack thereof), so it might be, at most, marginally detrimental if your school is a top private/magnet school that rolls out mostly fives. If you go to a normal school (or maybe even a very good school), a 4 would be seen as a good sign for most colleges IMO (it's better than saying you took a class and didn't even take the exam). I am no admission counselor or major authority, but I'm rather confident.
  • Fishnlines29Fishnlines29 Registered User Posts: 1,547 Senior Member
    Agree
  • MorgranLovesMeowMorgranLovesMeow Registered User Posts: 15 New Member
    what's the motive behind the question? if it's an easy AP exam, why not gun for a 5? :)
This discussion has been closed.