right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We’ve got a new look! Walk through the key updates here.

Class of 2019 college acceptances

Replies to: Class of 2019 college acceptances

• HOPE888HOPE888 42 replies2 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 44 Junior Member
    Are there any home-schooled students admitted to UCLA this year 2019 ? 2018 or any years before ? It seems like no record of history posting about UCLA admitting homeschoolers.
    · Reply · Share
  • milgymfammilgymfam 635 replies11 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 646 Member
    I’m honestly not sure! But.. my younger daughter does plan to apply next year, so I guess I will find out one way or the other!
    · Reply · Share
    @milgymfam Thank you for the reply!
    · Reply · Share
  • milgymfammilgymfam 635 replies11 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 646 Member
    Congrats @GFORCE2818 on the acceptances!
    · Reply · Share
  • sbjdorlosbjdorlo 4878 replies386 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 5,264 Senior Member
    @HOPE888, yes, homeschooled students have been admitted to UCLA. I worked with several last year who were admitted. They definitely had top grades, test scores, and course rigor. I have known others to be admitted in other years.

One homeschooled student I worked with this year was waitlisted.
    · Reply · Share
    @sbjdorlo Thank you very much for your reply and info! This is good news to know that UCLA indeed accepted homeschooled student. By any chance, do you know and mind to share the stats (SAT General Test scores, SAT Subject Test scores & AP test scores) of that homeschooled student (waitlisted for UCLA) you worked with this year ? Also, what major did he/ she applied to UCLA this year ? I appreciate it very much for your valuable inputs. Thank you!
    · Reply · Share
  • sbjdorlosbjdorlo 4878 replies386 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 5,264 Senior Member
    I'll send you a PM, @HOPE888.
    · Reply · Share
  • JanieWalkerJanieWalker 406 replies14 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 420 Member
    @banaynay wow, congrats!! You have many fine choices! Well done.
    · Reply · Share
  • kokotgkokotg 91 replies5 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 96 Junior Member
    Final list for my son:

Accepted: Hendrix, UGA, Knox, St. Olaf, Macalester, Vassar, Hamilton, Oberlin

Waitlisted: Emory/Oxford, Grinnell, Carleton, Colby, Wesleyan

Rejected: Harvard, Williams

We've got visits to Macalester, St. Olaf, and Oberlin coming up next week, and then he'll probably fly up to (re)visit Hamilton and Vassar later in April. And then I'm going to take a long break before we have to do this again in 3 years with my next kid!
    · Reply · Share
  • banaynaybanaynay 63 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 63 Junior Member
    Thank you so much @JanieWalker ! This has been an exhausting process for sure.
    · Reply · Share
  • Odie11Odie11 3 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 3 New Member
    @banaynay and @kokotg- I was wondering if you could share how you were homeschooled? Did you take online courses or was your cuririculum done by a parent?

@GFORCE2818 did your child do all online courses?
    · Reply · Share
  • kokotgkokotg 91 replies5 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 96 Junior Member
    @Odie11 In high school, my son did a combo of classes at home and outside classes. He did science in 9th and 10th at a hybrid school and we had a private Spanish tutor; everything else was at home. Then he did part time dual enrollment at a local university in 11th and 12th--total of 10 classes.
    · Reply · Share