right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Class of 2019 college acceptances

milgymfammilgymfam 845 replies14 threadsRegistered User Member
edited October 2018 in Home Schooling and College
Figured I would start a thread for the homeschool class of 2019.
edited October 2018
39 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Class of 2019 college acceptances

• jdconner1976jdconner1976 19 replies2 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    My Son has been accepted to Baylor And John Brown University, both wiith nice merit scholarships.
    · Reply · Share
  • milgymfammilgymfam 845 replies14 threadsRegistered User Member
    Congrats!
    · Reply · Share
  • 4sugarplums4sugarplums 88 replies2 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    My homeschooled daughter applied to 10....accepted into Agnes Scott (safety), Bard Berlin and waitlisted at Sarah Lawrence (one of her top 5 :( ). I think I'm not realizing we shot too high as I'm afraid we are going to get bad news with the final 7. We secular homeschool in the deep south - mostly unschooled - and I'm scared the mostly NE all girls schools she applied to will not look at her. It's hard to compete with most of the stats I'm seeing posting on those threads as a homeschooler in a VERY small town where ECs are scarce and no co-op and we couldn't participate in public school extras as it wasn't allowed. We pulled her out of public in 7th grade and it was absolutely the perfect and right choice for her...until we started applying to schools and now I realize we might have really limited her future. Scary stuff for a guilt ridden momma!!
    · Reply · Share
  • GFORCE2818GFORCE2818 57 replies3 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    @4sugarplums Don't worry yet. I know this is stressful, but you don't know what the next 7 will say. My son is a QuestBridge Finalist and has gotten all denials from the QB schools so far, but is finding that he is LOVING the schools that he is getting acceptances from. Our kids will end up in a school that fits them well. You have given your daughter a great opportunity and even if she doesn't get into one of her favorites, she still might find that one of her "safeties" is the perfect fit for her.
    · Reply · Share
  • bev1211bev1211 1 replies0 threadsRegistered User New Member
    Hello, what is a questbridge and what home school program do you use? I have a 9th grader at Bridgeway and is going well so far!
    · Reply · Share
    Questbridge is a college scholarship program for low income students. Students can apply in 11th grade for their precollege program, or in 12 grade for their college match program. We do not use a formal homeschool program. My daughter is graduating with a transcript created by me.
    · Reply · Share
  • GFORCE2818GFORCE2818 57 replies3 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Becomming a Questbridge Finalist also also allows the kids to apply to QuestBridge partner schools for free. We also don't use a formal homeschool program. My son has mostly taken online college and AP courses through high school.
    · Reply · Share
  • HOPE888HOPE888 42 replies2 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Are there any home-schooled students admitted to UCLA this year 2019 ? 2018 or any years before ? It seems like no record of history posting about UCLA admitting homeschoolers.
    · Reply · Share
    I’m honestly not sure! But.. my younger daughter does plan to apply next year, so I guess I will find out one way or the other!
    · Reply · Share
  • HOPE888HOPE888 42 replies2 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    @milgymfam Thank you for the reply!
    · Reply · Share