Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
The Forums will be unavailable Tuesday, June 25 starting at 9 am ET as we prepare for a major design update!

Stanford OHS Admission Decisions

2»

Replies to: Stanford OHS Admission Decisions

• CrackersCrayonsCrackersCrayons Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    My daughter applied for sophomore year. Her current school has caused a lot of problems for her, and she is very set on going to OHS. We tried to explain to her that we can't wait till July, that we'll put her on her waitlist and see if she can go if she's accepted, but for now she is continuing at her other school. This caused her to have an almost meltdown. I want the best for and I really don't know what I should do. If I send an update Im afraid I'll sound almost like one of those parents who are really pushy and drive her away from Stanford OHS.
  • h2omoleculeh2omolecule Registered User Posts: 17 Junior Member
    I think any updates should be sent by your daughter herself if she is set on going. But OHS isn't the only place where she can get a good education. I know homeschooled students who take courses from multiple online outlets, so maybe that's an option. I've also heard of people who are technically enrolled at their district public schools but take all their classes through local community colleges.
    @h2omolecule than you for being so helpful. I'll make sure to tell my daughter that she can send an update in herself. Also our daughter currently goes to a private school and our public school system is quite poor. We told her we would not allow her to homeschool as we are very busy and do not have the time.
  • samiestsamiest Registered User Posts: 22 Junior Member
    1220 on the PSAT for sophomore may not survive in OHS. It is very tough school.
    1220 is the 97th percentile and she is a freshman. Highest score in the grade.
  • meddraj1017meddraj1017 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    anyone on the waitlist heard back?