Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Homeschool Acceptance Thread

huguenothuguenot Registered User Posts: 514 Member
edited October 2010 in Home Schooling and College
I think it would be great to have a thread of homeschool college acceptances for several reasons:

It would encourage those coming behind;

It would give us a place to rejoice;

It would let us find out about other homeschoolers who may be considering the same school.

Let's do it! Please post new acceptances as they come in.

If you'd like to tell what colleges your homeschooled students are already in, let us know that, too, just tell what class.
Post edited by huguenot on

Replies to: Homeschool Acceptance Thread

• 'rentof2'rentof2 Registered User Posts: 4,327 Senior Member
    My son was accepted to Amherst in the ED round. We've known for a little over a month, so the immediate woohooo-ing has subsided a bit, but it's still very exciting.
  • broetchenbroetchen Registered User Posts: 1,130 Senior Member
    Congratulations -- that is great news.
  • HeididoeHeididoe Registered User Posts: 52 Junior Member
    My s was accepted EA to Elon University. We are awaiting news on several RD applications, but we are quite pleased about Elon!
  • cockatielcockatiel Registered User Posts: 107 Junior Member
    Ds was accepted to U. Chicago EA and he has received a full-tuition scholarship to U. Pitt.

We're still waiting on several schools. The financial end of things matters to us, so we'll see where he ends up!
  • schomeboyschomeboy Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    My son was accepted at Clemson, GA Tech & Texas A & M. That's all he applied to.
  • HeididoeHeididoe Registered User Posts: 52 Junior Member
    Add Drew University. :)
  • jiceo1jiceo1 Registered User Posts: 390 Member
    Add UC Irvine (honors+regents scholar) and U.I Urbana Champaign =)
  • jmljml Registered User Posts: 139 Junior Member
    Saint Louis University, Rockhurst University, Maryville University
    Congratualtions, everyone!

Jiceo1, was getting admitted to a UC more difficult as a homeschooler? I don't live in California anymore, but a lot of my homeschooling friends there say UC makes it very difficult. Was that your experience?
  • dntw8updntw8up Registered User Posts: 1,594 Senior Member
    "...was getting admitted to a UC more difficult as a homeschooler? I don't live in California anymore, but a lot of my homeschooling friends there say UC makes it very difficult...:

I don't live in CA anymore either but I've heard that UC Irvine, and more recently UC Riverside, have developed application procedures for home schooled students, but most UCs still discourage applications from home schooled students.
    That's great about Irvine and Riverside, but sad to hear the other campuses are still making it difficult. I know a homeschooled girl (excellent student!) who hit that wall with UCB, in spite of a great transcript, rigorous studies, and tip top test scores. She ended up doing a year at another public univ. (out of state) and then transferred successfully to UCB. A silly detour for an wonderfully qualified student.
  • LalanickolsLalanickols Registered User Posts: 157 Junior Member
    UMich here...
  • alchemymomalchemymom Registered User Posts: 40 Junior Member
    My daughter was accepted to Yale in the EA round, and received word from Harvard in the last week that she will be accepted there as well. She still has six schools to hear from, but we are on cloud nine as you can imagine!
    Great news, alchemymom! Go Team Homeschool. ;)
  • SatyaSatya Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    Hi, (formerly Sofia90)

Webster University
This discussion has been closed.