Please help me out if you are familiar with this school!
I am thinking of going here next year. I decided to leave my private school (by choice, I was getting good grades, just not happy), but the deadlines to apply to other private schools had already passed. Therefore, my only option is my local public school, which is OK but not amazing...or Stanford EPGY OHS. I've checked, and I can still apply. I'm a rising sophomore.
1. What's the typical course load? I've seen that 5 is the norm (?). Is it possible to do more than 5?
2. Can you take other courses with EPGY OHS? (like the language courses, such as Honors Spanish III or Honors Classical Greek at Northwestern CTD GLL?)
3. What are the extracurriculars really like? For instance, is the newspaper legit? Do people really participate in the Cross Cultural club? etc.
4. "Seminar" course scheduling...are multiple times offered? Do course times overlap a lot? Are they mostly during the day (before 3 pm)? Are they ever too early for pacific time?
5. I've heard it's rigorous; that's fine with me as long as there's quality learning. Quality of...discussions? instruction? feedback?
6. Do you/your kids like it there?
7. College admissions...are you able to build relationships and get good letters of recommendations? is there good college counseling? do they calculate GPA? do they calculate class rank? do kids get into some of the colleges they want, including top colleges (how many kids out of the class, which colleges, etc.)?
Thank you soooo soooo much in advance for any answers you give me. Any more info would help me greatly!