Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Home school, High school, College?

mathsciencedudemathsciencedude Registered User Posts: 1,802 Senior Member
edited December 2009 in Home Schooling and College
I was homeschooled from grades 3-10, and I switched from home school to high school for 11-12th grades. Do I need to fill out a Common app home school supplement if my high school guidance counselor equated my home school classes into my high school transcript?
Thanks
Post edited by mathsciencedude on

Replies to: Home school, High school, College?

• GeekMom63GeekMom63 Registered User Posts: 1,957 Senior Member
    I wouldn't think so. And you might not even be ABLE to have both. If your homeschool classes aren't actually LISTED on your high school transcript, you could produce a homeschool transcript for the GC to add to your high school report as an "additional transcript" - this is what they do if there are additional schools you've attended.
  • mathsciencedudemathsciencedude Registered User Posts: 1,802 Senior Member
    I didn't have access to the homeschool supplement right away but found it on the website, which is why I wasn't sure. My classes are listed on my transcript, so I think it will be alright.
    Thanks for responding. :)
  • marybeth22308marybeth22308 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    You might want to do the home school supplement anyway. It has questions that address philosophy of home schooling, and manner of assigning grades - this will give some background to the grades you received, avoid awkward questions, and especially avoid any ethical problems with the signature at the end of common app, stating that the information was true and complete to the best of your knowledge.
This discussion has been closed.