Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Howad BS/ DDS

lex9542lex9542 Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
I wonder why are there no thread for BS/ DDS program :P

Replies to: Howad BS/ DDS

• alex9542alex9542 Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    Does anybody know how many people they accept each year
  • alex9542alex9542 Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    There are all these posts about BS/ MD yet nothing about DDS... how sad :(
  • lex9542lex9542 Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    edited April 2014
    I am invited for an interview for Howard University 6 year BS/ DDS program!! Hurray!! But tthe problem is that... the letter says 'interview' will take place in the first week of the class (which would be in September.) 

This really makes me frustrated... I am admitted to Boston University (BU) and University of Pacific (UOP) for accelerated BS/ DDS program, and I have to decide by May 1st... But those schools are pretty pricy.. damn... a dilemma for me... so here's my question:

1. Should I just attend Howard University, which provides full ride for first 4 years, and just wait hopefully to be admitted aftet the interview? Or should I just go to UOP or BU?

2. If I decide to go UOP or BU, I get guaranteed admission to their dental schools, which cost alot; maybe I can just enroll in UOP (or BU) and apply for Howard Dental school...? Is it hard to get into Howard dental school outside combined program, considering that I am not black nor hispanic?

3. How likely is it to be admitted to Howard University, after interviewed for BS/ DDS program..? Should I just take full ride at Howard University? How is social life for non- black students at the school?

This is a big moment of my life, and this decision will most likely shape my life heavily; I really need thoughtful advice.Thank you, and I really appreciate all your assistances!
This discussion has been closed.