Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

Economics in the Carroll School of Management or in the College of Arts and Sciences (BC)?

NyMets1NyMets1 Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
Hi all,

As you all know, the application season is upon us. As of now, I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I am applying to Boston College and I plan to major in economics. However, I realize that economics is offered as a major within the College of Arts and Sciences and as a concentration within the Carroll School of Management. I contacted a counselor and she told me that the difference between them was that the concentration was more business oriented while the major was more theory oriented. I checked the department's website and it seems that the major requires the student to take more econ courses than the concentration does. Is this true? Would somebody here be able to go into more detail about the differences between the two with regards to studies and job outlook? I've always wanted to graduate with an economics degree, not a business degree with a focus on economics.

Thanks,
NyMets1

BTW this is my first post so if I did anything wrong...don't be to harsh haha

PS: I'm in a similar situation with U Miami (except their business school offers it as a major) so if anyone has any knowledge on them too that would be awesome!

Replies to: Economics in the Carroll School of Management or in the College of Arts and Sciences (BC)?

This discussion has been closed.