Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
2»

Replies to: Pi Day

• mysticgohanmysticgohan Registered User Posts: 313 Member
    Another thing to note: HCaulfield while I think its fine to share your anxiety regarding admissions, I don't think it is wise to ask people about their MIT stories. It will only cause people to be in awe and cherish it so much that they'll be sorely disappointed when the result comes cause the reality is most of you will not get in there. Don't covet a place you know very little about. I can assure you, regardless of how many hours of research you do online or even if you've had a chance to visit multiple times, you have no idea in the slightest what its like to actually attend. And you wont get an idea until you actually attend, in which case it is of course pointless to covet that which you don't understand.

You all talk of MIT stories like its some dream of yours to attend. However, I believe it is dangerous to dream of something that you barely understand. You're only setting yourself for sorrow. I don't mean to sound condescending. Just sounding a warning so you don't waste your time pining for something that you might not have liked even if you went there.
  • MaineLonghornMaineLonghorn Super Moderator Posts: 34,656 Super Moderator
    MODERATOR'S NOTE:

I had to delete a bunch of posts due to the bickering going on. Please comply with the Terms of Service when you post, or the thread will be closed.
  • Tizil7Tizil7 Registered User Posts: 1,686 Senior Member
    mystic wrote:
    I don't think it is wise to ask people about their MIT stories.
    Sounds logical.
  • HCaulfieldHCaulfield Registered User Posts: 150 Junior Member
    ^ Yeah, that :/
2»
This discussion has been closed.