Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

11th scores!

xNorth22xNorth22 Registered User Posts: 189 Junior Member
edited March 2012 in India
Hey guys!
How much would the overall application be affected, in terms of grades if the 11th scores were a bit haywire?
Suppose, first unit test around a 70% and then missed 2 exams due to absentism and health issue, then directly finals with 85+?
Post edited by xNorth22 on

Replies to: 11th scores!

• desivaderdesivader Registered User Posts: 31 Junior Member
    You don't have to send each unit test grades. Transcripts usually only have the final grades.
  • Tizil7Tizil7 Registered User Posts: 1,686 Senior Member
    ^ Exactly. So what is your aggregate? Anything above 80 should be fine depending on the places you will be applying to.
  • Mrinal2207Mrinal2207 Registered User Posts: 779 Member
    You should not really worry if u show an upward trend in ur 12 th midterm exams.
    But, u may have to give an explainary note to colleges why ur performance slackened in 11th grade.
  • anvesh95anvesh95 Registered User Posts: 302 Member
    Oh, great, darn. I got a 76% in 11th. I hope that's not too less for UC's (other than UCB). :/
  • Tizil7Tizil7 Registered User Posts: 1,686 Senior Member
    Not pretty bad, though I can't say much without perspective. Though this should comfort you: You will *not* be rejected because of those marks if everything else is fine :)
  • xNorth22xNorth22 Registered User Posts: 189 Junior Member
    Loooving aggregates!
    Thanks guys :)
  • tastyclestastycles Registered User Posts: 183 Junior Member
    A lot of it depends on how your peers do as well. If the highest in your grade is 80%, and you have 79%, you're obviously very strong, but if the highest is 95%, you're grades are evidently mediocre.
  • xNorth22xNorth22 Registered User Posts: 189 Junior Member
    In that sense my rank is fairly well, but seems more demeaning when class strength is mere 30 people!
    How does that affect it?
    In a class of 30 people, u need to be in the top 3 (10%) of the class to impress adcoms, given ur not so low scores.
    Hope it helps.
    The smaller your class size, the more lenient they are with percentiles/deciles/quartiles/quintiles/rank. Top 5 should be good if you're getting a rank. Otherwise top 3. In comparison, if it were a class of 300, top 15 (5%) would be a high quality rank.
    ^^off topic tastycles, but wanted to ask that from my school( or city rather) will be applying for US univs, so will that go against me or me being ranked 2/234 in my class and national TT player would balance the odds??
    sorry, there should be a *no* in between.
    it should be like this:
    but wanted to ask that from my
    school( or city rather) "no one "will be applying for US univs
  • anvesh95anvesh95 Registered User Posts: 302 Member
    My SAT Scores and my EC's are pretty good. Only my school grades are a little below average.
    Your rank is excellent irrespective of EC's. You should try getting recruited for TT if at all possible.
    ^^alas, there is no college that recruits for TT.
    But, I am sure that colleges will think of it as a great EC.
This discussion has been closed.