Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Which APs to take?

2»

Replies to: Which APs to take?

• Tizil7Tizil7 Registered User Posts: 1,686 Senior Member
    Why would you ever want to take environmental science unless you really care about the environment? It's just unnecessary buff - but only for top students. If you don't classify yourself as that type, there's no harm in another AP ;)
  • HCaulfieldHCaulfield Registered User Posts: 150 Junior Member
    @shrey228

Again, as I said in my reply to Mrinal...depends on the college. Credit policy varies from college to college.
  • shreeman3shreeman3 Registered User Posts: 20 New Member
    Hi !According to UMN AP credit policy, I will get 16 credits for Cal BC+Chem and 4 for Bio, Phy C each. At the moment I have decided that I should at least take Cal BC and Chem. Should I take any more APs ?.They are kinda expensive :/.
  • tastyclestastycles Registered User Posts: 183 Junior Member
    If you can get enough credit to graduate early, take more AP's. Otherwise you'll spend more on tuition anyway, so no point doing AP's at this stage.
  • p25indiap25india Registered User Posts: 130 Junior Member
    @Ascaris: As HCaulfied said, Credit Policies are different at all colleges!
    But for engineering, I think majority colleges will be giving credits to Calculus BC, Physics C both parts, , Chemistry, Biology(some colleges only)an mico-macro Economics.

If you take Cal BC, no need to take AB- BC includes AB sub score, if you take Physics c both parts, no need to take Phy B.

This is just my opinion! BTW, I have taken 6 APs. and they are not that difficult.

@Shreeman3: They are expensive but if you look further ahead, they help you in saving money($!), when they get you credits! Of course you have to get a good score to get credit!
  • shreeman3shreeman3 Registered User Posts: 20 New Member
    Thanks for the relies tatstycls, p25India.
2»
This discussion has been closed.