right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

The Indian Thread #22 AKA Class of 2018 admissions

Replies to: The Indian Thread #22 AKA Class of 2018 admissions

• raseekrocksraseekrocks 21 replies18 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    you guys had your ED results out?
    · Reply · Share
  • rounak95rounak95 1 replies0 threadsRegistered User New Member
    Going to Mississippi State University in Spring 2014 for Bachelors in CS.. anyone else here?

Hey did you get any scholarship?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
    · Reply · Share
  • ExtremistEnigmaExtremistEnigma 35 replies17 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Yeah, I got 100% Non-Resident Freshman Scholarship. Basically 90% of total tuition fees. What about you?
    · Reply · Share
  • mguptamgupta 82 replies0 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Did anybody get into Purdue?
    · Reply · Share
  • Username18Username18 1 replies0 threadsRegistered User New Member
    Hey guys, I have my deadline in 10 days and i really need help with my college list.
    I basically require sufficient amount of financial aid so I can come to the US for undergrad. (I'm not a US citizen)

-My SAT score is a 1900 (CR-670, Math-640, Writing-590, Essay-9/12)
    -My school grades are all A's and B's.
    -My TOEFL came out to be 111/120
    -Since my choice of major is Journalism, almost all of my EC's are media related, Senior Editor-Editorial Board, International Press(MUN), Director of Theater society etc.

Could you guys recommend a college that would accept me while giving a sufficient amount of financial aid. My family would be able to provide around 15-20k dollars.
    It wouldn't hurt if the college has a well ranked journalism school too.
    · Reply · Share
  • the376the376 14 replies23 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    I am applying to Iowa State university and it has a separate application form. Would anyone tell me whether the I should fill CBSE of AISSCE in the column E here.
    [url]https://****/file/d/0B4uz7PRqr_oieXVEWGd3X3l2UU0/edit?usp=sharing[/url]

also please tell what should I fill in the course name and course number here
    [url]https://****/file/d/0B4uz7PRqr_oiODVnTDZQU21fRlE/edit?usp=sharing[/url]

and if anyone has filled the application earlier, please tell me whether the essays and recommendations are required or not. If yes how to enter them.
    Thanks in advance.
    My id - sanchithira76 at gmail
    · Reply · Share
  • mohitchauhanmohitchauhan 19 replies9 threadsRegistered User New Member
    Hey is TOEFL necessary?
    · Reply · Share
  • Sanjay1023Sanjay1023 205 replies19 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    ^depends on the universities you apply. But TOEFL is necessary to get your visa.
    · Reply · Share
  • anialwaysanialways 1193 replies17 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    TOEFL is not a visa requirement, it is a language proficiency requirement...as long as a college accepts and offers you admission, you can apply for Visa...TOEFL or no TOEFL.
    · Reply · Share
  • handsonhandson 14 replies0 threadsRegistered User New Member
    Per US law, the officer conducting your interview for a visa is well within his rights to adjudicate that your English language skills are not adequate for you to undertake an educational degree course in the USA, and hence decline to give you a F1 visa on that ground. That discretion gets largely removed if you have a decent score on the TOEFL.
    · Reply · Share
  • vroom42vroom42 5 replies1 threadsRegistered User New Member
    What is a standard toefl score the visa officer would look for??
    · Reply · Share
    Anything above 80 on iBT should normally be OK, unless you have very poor conversational skills and present poorly. Obviously a higher score is better.
    · Reply · Share
  • skriptkidskriptkid 38 replies17 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Anybody accepted to Union College?
    · Reply · Share
  • jjkiller911jjkiller911 40 replies6 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    edited February 2014
    Hey guys, Applied to UPenn, UColumbia, Cornell, MIT and Georgia Tech.
    I got SAT II MathsIIC - 710 (SAD)
    PHY - 740
    Chem - 750

Gave SAT I in Jan....Expecting above 2000.
    Now I wanted to know if not applying for Fin Aid in UPenn would boost my application or not..??? Coz if it does boost and gives me good chance then i would rather not apply....although it would be a constraint but i guess my parents would manage....

Also, I have good EC's participated in many school and interschool activities and won a lot of them. Essay is also reasonably good and all recommendations are way above average i guess.... Please tell me to apply for fin aid or not...???
    edited February 2014
    · Reply · Share
    jjkiller911
    Don't apply for aid except to Cornell, as it will hurt your chances. Cornell has a special scholarship for Indian students.
    · Reply · Share
  • jjkiller911jjkiller911 40 replies6 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    edited February 2014
    @handson .... I know and will be applying for aid to MIT, UColumbia,but my main aim was UPenn....Wanted to know that if i dont apply for aid to UPenn...Will it substantially help me or not....???
    From what I hear...our chances almost double or triple if International students dont apply for Aid...????

PS.... Wanted to know that what should i do if i have already checked the financial aid option...will i be able to revert it...???
    edited February 2014
    · Reply · Share
  • confusedhexagonconfusedhexagon 88 replies1 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Feels weird that the entire process is finally about to end, eh?
    · Reply · Share
  • goodsamgoodsam 7 replies1 threadsRegistered User New Member
    I'm an international student (though I may be found occasionally sipping coffee at Starbucks) applying to a couple of colleges this year. I decided to get my Common App essay read by someone who a) I haven't met and b) who hasn't seen me in my underwear.

PM, if interested. Thanks.
    · Reply · Share
    I'm an international student (though I may be found occasionally sipping coffee at Starbucks) applying to a couple of colleges this year. I decided to get my Common App essay read by someone who a) I haven't met and b) who hasn't seen me in my underwear. This is my first interaction of any kind on College Confidential, and this seems to be a nice way to lose my CC virginity :P
    · Reply · Share
    I'm an international student (though I may be found occasionally sipping coffee at Starbucks) applying to a couple of colleges this year. I decided to get my Common App essay read by someone who a) I haven't met and b) who hasn't seen me in my underwear. This is my first interaction of any kind on College Confidential, and this seems to be a nice way to lose my CC virginity :P
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity