Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

The Indian Thread #22 AKA Class of 2018 admissions

Replies to: The Indian Thread #22 AKA Class of 2018 admissions

• jjkiller911jjkiller911 Registered User Posts: 46 Junior Member
    edited February 2014
    @handson .... I know and will be applying for aid to MIT, UColumbia,but my main aim was UPenn....Wanted to know that if i dont apply for aid to UPenn...Will it substantially help me or not....???
    From what I hear...our chances almost double or triple if International students dont apply for Aid...????

PS.... Wanted to know that what should i do if i have already checked the financial aid option...will i be able to revert it...???
  • confusedhexagonconfusedhexagon Registered User Posts: 89 Junior Member
    Feels weird that the entire process is finally about to end, eh?
  • goodsamgoodsam Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
    I'm an international student (though I may be found occasionally sipping coffee at Starbucks) applying to a couple of colleges this year. I decided to get my Common App essay read by someone who a) I haven't met and b) who hasn't seen me in my underwear.

PM, if interested. Thanks.
    I'm an international student (though I may be found occasionally sipping coffee at Starbucks) applying to a couple of colleges this year. I decided to get my Common App essay read by someone who a) I haven't met and b) who hasn't seen me in my underwear. This is my first interaction of any kind on College Confidential, and this seems to be a nice way to lose my CC virginity :P
    I'm an international student (though I may be found occasionally sipping coffee at Starbucks) applying to a couple of colleges this year. I decided to get my Common App essay read by someone who a) I haven't met and b) who hasn't seen me in my underwear. This is my first interaction of any kind on College Confidential, and this seems to be a nice way to lose my CC virginity :P
  • upapilotupapilot Registered User Posts: 178 Junior Member
    edited February 2014
    @goodsam PM me your essay, I'll see if I can review it...
  • ChristophernolanChristophernolan Registered User Posts: 52 Junior Member
    Can anybody comment on the post of @liger007 I was wondering the same thing couple of my friends went to UC irvine and Davis even though they had score below average student profile and cbse percent of 70 I think just because they didn't need financial aid
    Any comments
    I was doing some research and I found that undeclared undergrad program in most of the universities ....they have less student profiles than pure engineeiring for eg UIUC my act score is not fitting in avg score for engineering but is good enough for undeclared

Can somebody provide me with info for undeclared admission ?
  • oreolover123oreolover123 Registered User Posts: 111 Junior Member
    i have the same question^
  • StanCardinalStanCardinal Registered User Posts: 121 Junior Member
    UCs become considerably easier if you don't need financial aid.
    The UCs hardly offer any Fin aid to Internationals because that is their main income.
    So, if you haven't applied for it, you're chances go up considerably!
    Cheers.
  • confusedhexagonconfusedhexagon Registered User Posts: 89 Junior Member
    UCs do not have any need-based aid for international students AT ALL.
    UCs along with almost all Public Universities in the US, do not offer ANY aid to international students.
    However, public universities have relatively lower tuition rates.
    Just got my acceptance from McGill!! So excited but not sure I can attend until I get a reply regarding my financial aid application and my major entrance scholarship.

Got into both Arts Faculty as well as the Interfaculty BA/BSc program

Here are my stats:
    SAT: 2080 (CR: 670, M: 720, W: 690, 8 essay)
    2170 (CR: 740, M: 740, W: 690, 8 essay)

SAT Subject Tests: Math Level 2: 790
    Physics: 800

High School: ICSE/ISC (Science Stream)
    9th: 87.5%
    10th: 91%
    11th: 87%
    12th: 90% (mid-term)
    @upapilot fee is less for public universities but not UCs ...it's 38000$ as compared to Rutgers or purdue with around 25000$ so I think less indians apply too
This discussion has been closed.