right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We’ve got a new look! Walk through the key updates here.

The Indian Thread #23 ( Class of 2019 admissions )

Replies to: The Indian Thread #23 ( Class of 2019 admissions )

• KashalloverKashallover 46 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 47 Junior Member
    @tang97‌ I'm also waiting for replies from all those colleges as well :O Best of luck!
    · Reply · Share
  • TheRedBangleTheRedBangle 15 replies4 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 19 New Member
    @Kashallover‌ @tang97‌ Damn, you guys are impressive and congratulations! I'm still waiting on all of my decisions though I've pretty much resigned myself to bad news already. Most likely gonna stay in India anyaay. :pensive:

How many Ivies did you apply to? Three here. b-( It'd be a great idea to support each other on the 31st, eh?
    · Reply · Share
  • KashalloverKashallover 46 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 47 Junior Member
    @TheRedBangle‌ Hey man, we should definitely support eachother on the morning of the 1st (less than two weeks :o) And I've applied to all eight Ivy League schools.
    · Reply · Share
  • F1crazyF1crazy 39 replies5 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 44 Junior Member
    Univ. Virginia RD are out last night. Anybody got acceptances?
    · Reply · Share
  • tang97tang97 18 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 18 New Member
    @TheRedBangle‌ @Kashallover‌ Yeah, for sure! I applied to Yale, Brown, Penn and Dartmouth.
    · Reply · Share
  • TheRedBangleTheRedBangle 15 replies4 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 19 New Member
    Great! Any idea when exactly we'll be able to see the decisions in Indian Standard Time? Also applied to Stanford, so I'm considering waiting for that to come out a day later and opening all of them in one fell swoop :-?
    · Reply · Share
  • 10thgrader10thgrader 54 replies9 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 63 Junior Member
    For those applying for the Ivies and Top schools, can they please tell me their stats?
    · Reply · Share
    @‌ tenthgrader

If you're not a high school senior yet, the best advice I would give you is relax. Don't obsess about stats and go reading through each and every forum trying to look for the magic formula that will get you admitted. Trust me, you'll only be adding to your stress.

For top schools, score in above 2250 range in the SATs to have a good chance. Get decent subject scores in the higher 700s. Get involved in extracurriculars in your school. Show that you're involved in your community. Its great if you have a few awards or achievements under your belt as well. Even if you have all these things, top colleges might not take you. Even if you don't have all these things, there are still many great colleges that you can go to. So, most of all don't worry.

The number one thing to understand is that college admissions are unpredictable. They don't reflect your worth as a student and neither should they dictate your life and activites as one.

Don't go around this site trying to compare what you have to what other people have and trying to predict your outcome based on theirs. Everybody is different. There's no need to stress yourself too much.

I personally think the most important part of the app is the essay. So instead of worrying yourself about your scores or stats or whatnot, spend time improving your writing skills, because let me assure you, you'll need them to sell yourself to college adcoms. A killer essay can do wonders for you.

All the best to you :)

(If you are a high school senior, and are asking for stats in order to judge the calibre of the competition, dude, take a chill pill)
    · Reply · Share
    edited March 2015
    @TheRedBangle‌ It's 1st April, 02:30 IST for the Ivies, as far as I know. And Stanford is 2nd April, 05:30 IST.

(I feel so fancy using military time. :3 )
    edited March 2015
    · Reply · Share
    edited March 2015
    Thanks for finding out what I was too lazy to. XD

Military time. The military. War. Doom. Our impending doom. Well, that got morbid fast.

Sorry. This is just my way of coping haha :D
    edited March 2015
    · Reply · Share
  • AstraeusAstraeus 19 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 19 New Member
    Was anyone accepted at UCLA? I myself was for Chemical Engineering. Looking forward to the ivies and Berkeley now! Otherwise I'll probably go to Imperial College London should I meet my offer
    · Reply · Share
  • 12345n12345n 434 replies19 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 453 Member
    I was :)
    · Reply · Share
  • akshaybobby1akshaybobby1 49 replies13 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 62 Junior Member
    recently got accepted at penn state , michigan state and ohio state university ... :)
    · Reply · Share
  • computernerdv2computernerdv2 3 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 3 New Member
    Hey everyone had a query. Should I take the AP exams on my own even if the relevant courses are not provided at school?
    · Reply · Share
    Got accepted to Duke, Northwestern, Williams, and Berkeley! :D Also, Stanford comes out 0330 IST 28th March! Which is less than 10 hours away. :'(
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity