Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Thoughts on Ashoka University and SP Jain School of Global Managment?

ShystarryskiesShystarryskies Registered User Posts: 117 Junior Member
edited January 2015 in India
Should I apply to these places?

Ashoka University is very, very new, but I love the concept of liberal arts in India, and considering the success of the YIF programme, and who all are funding the school, placements shouldn't be a problem.

SP Jain also is very new, but I like the idea of studying in three different cities, and I should get around a half tuition scholarship after taking the SPJET.

Is anybody applying to these colleges? Any opinions on them?

Thanks! :)

Replies to: Thoughts on Ashoka University and SP Jain School of Global Managment?

• rhea1233rhea1233 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey I have not really heard about the Ashoka University but I just checked the website and it seems pretty interesting. However I don’t think you can compare Ashoka university with S P Jain as they are of completely different leagues sp jain being obviously better.
  • delnadsdelnads Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    Ya completely agree with him. Dude S P Jain has been ranked by forbes!! And one college offers liberal arts and the other offers management. I don’t really understand your logic of correlating both these colleges.. What are you interested in? Arts or management?
  • ShystarryskiesShystarryskies Registered User Posts: 117 Junior Member
    @rhea1233 @delnads Thanks for your responses guys! These are my backup courses, but it looks like I'll be getting into NYUAD most probably, so I'm not too worried.
    I picked SP Jain because it's close to where I live, and business is interesting to me in addition to me being a commerce student. However, I've always wanted to do Econ at an LAC, hence Ashoka and NYUAD. :)
This discussion has been closed.