Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We want your feedback! Complete our survey and enter to win one of four $25 gift cards.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

Admission rescind?

ug1975ug1975 Registered User Posts: 41 Junior Member
Hello everyone
I am a student studying in the CBSE curriculum in India. So I have been accepted to Purdue Engineering which was my safety and have applied to 15-17(including 3 ivy leagues, uva ,umich ,ucla, ucb, nyu etc.) schools more. I had a perfect gpa in class 10th. in 11th i had all A's ( expect a B in physics) and for class 12th midterm i had all A's as well.
Currently i am giving my board exams which started this month and and i feel that there could be a huge drop in my grades in these exams. The result of these exams will come by the end of May. Also i haven't sent any predicted grades to the universities as they didn't ask for them.
Firstly i wanted to ask that as the result will come end of may and we have to respond to universities by may 1 , will i have to submit these results as part of my final report
Is there a chance that my admission could get revoked if there is a drop in grades(c's for example)????

Replies to: Admission rescind?

• MrAccountantMrAccountant Registered User Posts: 199 Junior Member
  • TheDarkKnight19TheDarkKnight19 Registered User Posts: 42 Junior Member
    I've heard that college generally don't rescind acceptances, unless you have a very very poor performance in boards. I believe C's would be equivalent to approx. 75-80%? In that case, I don't think they would rescind your acceptance.
  • WiliyamMSLWiliyamMSL Registered User Posts: 208 Junior Member
    You'll be fine. Most public non-california colleges don't rescind applications unless there is a major issue with grades. Generally, just try to keep your weighted GPA above a 3.0 during senior year and you'll have no problems.
This discussion has been closed.