right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We’ve got a new look! Walk through the key updates here.

Class of 2022 Admissions for students from India

Replies to: Class of 2022 Admissions for students from India

• UmaSridharUmaSridhar 121 replies3 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 124 Junior Member
    @applicantclass2022 computer science is very competitive is what i have heard..but you might never know...
    My D ACT superscore 35, subject SAT 2 - 2390 / 2400(Math2 / Phy / Chem).. majority A1 and few A2s from 9th till 12th sem1. Studying in a CBSE school. Applied undeclared natural science

Upenn ED
    UIUC
    Gtech
    UW
    Texas austin
    UCs
    Cornell
    Rice
    Johns hopkins
    USC
    Duke
    · Reply · Share
  • applicantclass2022applicantclass2022 32 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 32 Junior Member
    @UmaSridhar Agreed,hence I was wondering what other safety schools to apply for. All the best with the process! hope you start getting positive results soon!
    · Reply · Share
  • UmaSridharUmaSridhar 121 replies3 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 124 Junior Member
    @applicantclass2022 i know kids with very similar starts as yours last year got acceptance from UIUC / UCSD / Purdue and UW for CS.. so we can hope the same or more for you :) All the very best.. yes will share the results as we receive.

Not applying for financial aid, i understand plays a very important role for international students.
    · Reply · Share
  • ivoryraveneveivoryraveneve 10 replies2 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 12 New Member
    I'm applying RD to: NYU, Tufts, Brown, UPenn, Dartmouth, Columbia, Harvard, Yale, UCB, UCLA, UCSD, Boston U, Duke, Stanford and USC.
    ACT: 33
    SATII: Math 2: 790, Literature 710
    IB: 43/45
    I'm from Delhi!
    Interdisciplinary Study in CS and Literature/Music :)
    · Reply · Share
  • slaythedogmaslaythedogma 113 replies8 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 121 Junior Member
    Hi!

I'm doing the A-Levels in Kolkata. My predicted grades are A,A,B and my SAT is a 1480 (770 in EBR+W / 710 - M). I'm applying to mostly liberal arts colleges, about 20 of them, because I need substantial financial aid. My early decision college was Claremont McKenna College, which I'm bound to get rejected from. Solid ECs, and my essays are something I really focus on. Hopefully something works out, and all the best to everyone!
    · Reply · Share
  • CValleCValle 788 replies69 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 857 Member
    @ivoryraveneve - just curious as to how your IB can be predicted at 43? I thought given that the last 3 points are unknowable at the moment the highest predicted can be a 42? Or does your school somehow add in predicteds for TOk/EE/CAS?
    · Reply · Share
  • rick78rick78 36 replies2 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 38 Junior Member
    edited December 2017
    @CValle Schools do predict your grades for TOK and EE. This means that the predicted grades sent to colleges are out of 45. I also have a predicted grade of 43/45 that includes a 3/3 predicted grade for TOK and EE.
    edited December 2017
    · Reply · Share
    @rick78 - not all schools. My daughter's IB school does not include predictions for TOK and EE in their predicted grades.
    · Reply · Share
    Her predicted grades report states "This total does not include the maximum 3 points awarded for the TOK and Extended Essay components of the IB Diploma."
    · Reply · Share
    @CValle then I guess it varies from school to school.....
    · Reply · Share
  • ivoryraveneveivoryraveneve 10 replies2 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 12 New Member
    @CValle Our supervisors predict our TOK and EE grades.
    · Reply · Share
  • applicantclass2022applicantclass2022 32 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 32 Junior Member
    Do we have any admits yet? Good luck everyone!
    · Reply · Share
    I think we will see a good bunch of admits by the 16th of this month. If I am not wrong, almost all early action/decision admission notifications will be out by then....
    · Reply · Share
    I hear the British School in New Delhi got one ED to Brown, one ED to Princeton and one EA to Yale. True?
    · Reply · Share
    anyone accepted in MIT early action? I got deferred.......
    · Reply · Share